Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

TWD Banana Cake with Cream cheese coconut frosting

Thank you Kimberly for choosing this wonderful recipe! Today is TWD and
Kimberly of Only Creative Opportunities decided on Lot’s of Ways of Banana Cake on pages 204 and 205.
Check out her blog for this fantastic recipe!

http://onlycreativeopportunities.blogspot.com/




What can I say this cake is absolutely delicious! I made it for a pot luck dinner and it was gobbled right up. I had five people ask me for the recipe!




I used a 9x13 size pan. It worked beautifully. I made the cake, following the directions exactly. For the frosting I chose a cream cheese frosting made with butter, coconut milk, powdered sugar, vanilla and ground up walnuts on top.

It was perfect with this cake. The taste was out of this world good and the cake was so moist!
This cake is my new top Fav. recipe in Dorie's cookbook!

25 comments:

Kimberly Johnson said...

I'm so glad you enjoyed this cake! I love it too. Thanks for baking with me this week!

Amanda said...

ours were pretty similar! Same size pan and cream cheese frosting, though yours is more unique, while mine was plain and boring LOL! This was my farewell post with TWD after almost two years of baking along. Hope you'll stop by and say goodbye!

Peggy said...

I think this is one of my favorites in the book as well. I love how you made yours. I'm going to try mine as a sheetcake next time!

Deeva said...

That frosting sounds so delicious. Wonderful job. I made this cake for my nephew's birthday cake last week and did it in a 1/4 sheet pan also.

Tia said...

cream cheese coconut - DIVINE!

Sihan said...

Cream cheese frosting! hurray. we thought alike!

Rachel said...

Cream cheese frosting looks delish!

Cindy said...

I love it when a recipe is such a hit. We enjoyed it too. I have so many 'favorites' from Dories cookbook.

Linda said...

I love your idea to put coconut milk in the frosting...I'm glad to hear that it was a hit at your potluck!

Eliana said...

Hmmm - it looks like it turned out great for you.

Judy said...

Your cake looks fabulous, especially with that cream cheese/coconut milk frosting. What a great idea!

AmyRuth said...

You know its a winner when people want the recipe. How smart of you to maximize the size for all the fun.
Glad you liked it too.
AmyRuth

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

The rectangle is a good idea. That is a lot of cake.

I did not want a two layer. Too fancy for us.

I am glad to see you posting, these weeks. I always enjoy your positive attitude.

Nickki said...

This cake is definitely a winner! So many possibilities...I love your variation!

Rebecca (Indecisive Baker) said...

YUM! I can't wait to give this a go! Looks amazing! (on a side note: I just became your 100th follower!! :D )

Pamela said...

Cream cheese frosting was a fabulous idea for this fantastic cake!

spike. said...

I'm not surprised you were asked for the recipe- looks delicious! One of my favs as well.

Erin said...

You "redecorated" since I visited last! Love the pink!
Your cake looks delicious! I've had a couple of folks ask for the recipe too...it was sooo good!

Kayte said...

Cream cheese coconut frosting...OH YEAH, that's the way to go with this!

Hindy said...

Isn't it great to have a new go-to recipe. We loved this one also.

TeaLady said...

Lots of cream cheese frosting with this one. Great minds think alike. Looks delish.

Sorry now I only made 1/2 recipe.

Jacque said...

Looks like a winner!

There's something about a cake baked in a 9x13" pan... so easy and inviting.

Anonymous said...

What fun! Perfect for a potluck - funny, I had people ask for the recipe too - it's such a winning recipe! Looks wonderful - so glad you enjoyed it!

Mike
TWD blog:
web.me.com/mikejdunlap

Katrina said...

Mmm, I love the nuts and coconut on top. We loved this cake, too! A new fave, huh. So hard to pick a very favorite from the book.

Unknown said...

I'm with you Michelle - this is definitely among my favorites from Dorie's book, which is saying a lot as she's got so many great recipes! Love your frosting idea for this cake.