Search This Blog

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Sweet Melissa Sunday Peanut Butter Truffles

It's time for Sweet Melissa Sunday .We made Peanut Butter Truffles  chosen by Mara of Love Your Mother Earth . Be sure to check out the recipe here.
Have you seen Mara's blog?!Sheesh the girl is one crafty talented person. I am so not. When I see someone that has such an art of making things, I admire them!  Not only can she come out with some outstanding looking baked goods she can put paper, buttons and things together and make it look good!:)


OK on to the truffles.....
I chose a variety of toppings for my truffles.

My fav. was the truffles rolled in walnuts. My kids loved the truffles rolled in the peanut butter m&ms.

It's been awhile since I've made a sweet treat and kept it in the house. My husband Steven is very pleased!


This recipe is simple to make. There is a waiting period of 2 hours or more for the chocolate mixture to chill.

I found the chocolate very messy to work with(can you tell). The trick is to roll them into a ball quickly and them in your choice of topping. They still came out really soft. I put them in the freezer to firm them up.
This is a great recipe and the truffles are so yummy!! Thank you again to Mara for hosting and for your great selection!

23 comments:

Steph said...

I love your varieties of truffles.

Mrs. G said...

Great choice of toppings.

Stephanie said...

Love all your coating variations! I'm waiting for mine to finish chilling - now that you said they're messy I'm scared! But if it winds up all over my hands, I guess I'll just have to lick it off! :)

Candy said...

I love the variety of toppings, especially the M&Ms! Looks great!

Shelby said...

I am sure my fav would be the one coated in walnuts too! I would love to have me some chocolate....been so long without it! lol

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

Love the variations. Pretty truffles.

Anonymous said...

What a great idea to roll them into peanut butter M&Ms. I would have loved those too!

Julie said...

Great toppings! I was going to roll some in coconut but forgot about that one!!

Katiecakes said...

I love all the different toppings. Super cute!

Katie xox

Mara Campbell said...

Ahhh, thanks for the kind words. You are too sweet!! I love how you had so many different topping for the truffles, they look awesome. I think my favorite would have been the M&M's! Thanks for baking this week!!

Shandy said...

WoW! Great choices for rolling the truffles in. I finished mine finally and had a lot of fun putting them together! Glad hubby LOVED them too Michelle. Happy Sunday my friend!

margot said...

I love all your creative toppings! I'm glad they were a hit in your house.

Gloria - The Ginger Snap Girl said...

The toppings are the best part right? So many options. I love seeing what everyone did with their toppings. Great truffles!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree that the truffles were really messy to work with. I love the variety of coating that you used! :)

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm... I love the little topping bar you created, Michelle :) So much fun to have all different varieties! Great job, as always!

Thanks so much for stopping by and saying hello- it was wonderful to hear from you, as I've definitely missed talking each week. I'm glad to be back and am looking forward to keeping in touch again!

Have a great start to your week!

<3,
Joy

Leslie said...

What fun toppings! They really jazzed up the truffles, which aren't the most photogenic of sweets!

k.a.r.e.n said...

Looks great... love the toppings!

Nina said...

I love the different toppings - especially M&Ms. No one can beat more chocolate!

Unknown said...

Brilliant idea to coat these with more peanut butter in the form of peanut butter M&M's, especially since the peanut butter flavor wasn't very strong in them! These were messy, but since they were easy, I didn't mind :) Yours look fabulous!

Tessa said...

My chocolate was definitely soft as well - ending up all over my hands. Great idea with all the toppings! The peanut butter m&m's sounds perfect!

Baking is my Zen...sweet nibbles for the soul said...

Michelle,

You outdid yourself with all the topping! Awesome job!

Since I was running late with making the truffles, I didn't have time to get creative.

Carmen

Kelly said...

Ooh, I like Graham cracker crumbs as a coating! They look so nice.

Jaime said...

love all the toppings you used! mine were way too soft even after sitting in the fridge overnight...but they still tasted good :)