I found this recipe today here http://maplencornbread.blogspot.com/2010/04/honey-blueberry-bran-bread.html
I love the fact she cooks healthy and has some great treats to share.
This bread is delicious!
I love the fact she cooks healthy and has some great treats to share.
I made my own applesauce today. It's so easy.
Homemade Applesauce
4 med. apples
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup sugar(brown or white) I left it out and it tasted fine.
Cinnamon and nutmeg...to your taste.
Peel, core and cut apples.
Put all ingredients in pan. Cover and simmer for 15-20 min.
Mash them with fork or old timey masher.
4 servings
Honey Blueberry Bran Bread
1 1/2 cups wheat bran or Oat bran will work too
1 cup milk( I use skim)
1/2 unsweetened applesauce
1 large egg
1/2 cup honey
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp fine sea salt
1 cup blueberries(fresh or frozen)
Preheat oven to 375*. Spray a loaf pan with non stick cooking oil
Mix together bran and milk. Let stand 10 min.
In a large bowl, mix applesauce, egg, honey and vanilla
Sift together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt, mix well
Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients, stir until combined. Add Bran/milk mixture and mix until just blended. Fold in blueberries.
Pour the batter into prepared pan. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and let sit 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
9 comments:
I'm so gonna make that bread...or get my DH who is the baker to make it. ;)
Mmm, that looks great!
I've never tried homemade applesauce but always wanted to. What type apples did you use? I know that some are better to use in cooking than others.
Blueberries ROCK! This looks great!
I LOVE the picture of the blueberry bran mixture, the color looks so Purple! (I know it sounds dumb, but the color is just fantastic!) The bread looks really moist too! And you made your own applesauce as an ingredient to it too, can't get any better than that! (Well, unless you grew your blueberries... and happened to be a bee keeper...) =)
I guess I never thought of trying to make applesauce. I'll bet it was good.
Bread looks and sounds wonderful.
Great job on the bread Michelle~!
Great minds think alike! I made applesauce this week and used it for oatmeal muffins and Dorie's Breakfast Bread (somewhat modified). Your bread looks delicious; I love blueberries in baked goods and honey, mmmm.
Blue topaz ring will certainly be thpmas sabo your best option if you are intended to thomas sabo jewellery include a ring into your gemstone jewelry collection. cheap thomas sabo charms Either if you wish to wear the ring on a special occasion or thomas bracelets wear this sort of ornaments on a daily basis, silver charm carriers it is up to your account. Blue thomas sabo necklaces topaz ring can ensure you that you will attract every person.
Post a Comment