It's April 20, 2010 and time for another wonderful TWD! Melissa of Love At First Bite chose Sweet Cream Biscuits on page 23. See recipe here Love at First Bite Thank you Melissa for your wonderful choice.
My family and I enjoyed these muffins. I used Buttermilk in place of the cream. They turned out wonderful and were especially good warm with butter and raspberry jam!
Hi There- Sorry I've been so absent- but I've found pregnancy and baking incompatible!- but man would I love to sink my teeth into those biscuits!- they look really good!-- Bake-rellaa
They look great to me! I love biscuits but can't make them worth a hoot. Its good to know you used buttermilk alone and they turned out great! I never had heavy cream on hand but always buttermilk! I should definitely try your way!
What a beautiful dish you have them nestled in...shows them off really nicely. I always love your process photos and I always think, "Oh, I should have done this or that..." Nice cookbook holder, too. No end to the fun stuff this week...your biscuits look fine!
Great biscuits. Glad to know the buttermilk worked! Love all the photos that also showcase your cookbook holder, new counters and that fab bowl in the last photo!
Ooooh I was thinking about buttermilk vs the heavy cream. So glad someone tried it and answered my question for me. BTW our host this week is Melissa of Love At First Bite not Love Big Bake Often. -CB http://iheartfood4thought.com
I have biscuit cutter envy - I love the scalloped edges of your biscuits! =) Wow, good to know that you can use buttermilk in place of the cream! Whenever I buy buttermilk, I always have leftover and invariably end up tossing it. Now I won't have to!
42 comments:
Hi There- Sorry I've been so absent- but I've found pregnancy and baking incompatible!- but man would I love to sink my teeth into those biscuits!- they look really good!-- Bake-rellaa
How nice !! I'd love one or two !
They look yummy. I love biscuits with a little butter on then.
Your biscuits look yummy! I love a good buttermilk biscuit!
They look great to me! I love biscuits but can't make them worth a hoot. Its good to know you used buttermilk alone and they turned out great! I never had heavy cream on hand but always buttermilk! I should definitely try your way!
They look so yummy! It's good to know they can be made with buttermilk.
They look great and what a fun bowl!
I love your crinkle biscuit cutter.
I want one.
They look wonderful! Good to know you can replace the heavy cream with buttermilk without any problems!!!
I love your cake stand!!!! The buttermilk sub sounds like a great idea!
I love the fluted cutter and think buttermilk would be so yummy. Those look great!
What a beautiful dish you have them nestled in...shows them off really nicely. I always love your process photos and I always think, "Oh, I should have done this or that..." Nice cookbook holder, too. No end to the fun stuff this week...your biscuits look fine!
Your biscuits look lovely. It's good to know they still came out nice using something other than cream.
Your biscuits look great! We loved them with butter, too :)
Great biscuits. Glad to know the buttermilk worked! Love all the photos that also showcase your cookbook holder, new counters and that fab bowl in the last photo!
Warm with butter and jam is the best! These look lovely!
oh, buttermilk- so smart! looks great
Yours look great! Love that biscuit cutter you have. Thanks for baking my selection this week!
Your pictures look absolutely fabulous!
Love the buttermilk swap!
Mmm - buttermilk! They look delicious.
Ooooh I was thinking about buttermilk vs the heavy cream. So glad someone tried it and answered my question for me. BTW our host this week is Melissa of Love At First Bite not Love Big Bake Often.
-CB
http://iheartfood4thought.com
mmm I bet buttermilk was delicious in these! :)
I love buttermilk biscuits, so I may go this route next time too. Your photos with the cookbook are great!
So good to know that these can be made with buttermilk too! That would make me feel just a bit less guilty about enjoying them :) Great job!
Yumm, sweet biscuits and raspberry jam! I'm officially jealous. That sounds great. I'm glad your fam liked it!
They look great, and what a pretty bowl!
They turned out perfect! Love your fluted cutter. I used the same kind on mine. :)
Yummo - I like the use of buttermilk instead of cream, and of course, I love your recipe book holder.
I thought about subbing buttermilk for the cream. Maybe I'll try it that way next time. Your biscuits are gorgeous!
Love the buttermilk substitution. What a creative baker.
What a great idea to use buttermilk! (I also love the name "Flourchild"). You are very clever.
Your biscuits look wonderful!
They look perfect. It's nice to know that buttermilk works in this recipe.
Mimi
Oh, great idea to use buttermilk instead of cream! They look delicious - perfect with butter and jam!
I bet these were delicious with buttermilk. They look wonderful.
Buttermilk is a brilliant idea to make them a little lighter! The biscuits look delicious.
Your biscuits look so good! Glad you enjoyed them, we loved them too! :-)
Your biscuits look yummy and I'm glad that you enjoy them too. :-)
These look so tasty. I love the idea of substituting buttermilk, I'm sure it added great flavour.
I have biscuit cutter envy - I love the scalloped edges of your biscuits! =)
Wow, good to know that you can use buttermilk in place of the cream! Whenever I buy buttermilk, I always have leftover and invariably end up tossing it. Now I won't have to!
Blue topaz ring will certainly be thpmas sabo your best option if you are intended to thomas sabo jewellery include a ring into your gemstone jewelry collection. cheap thomas sabo charms Either if you wish to wear the ring on a special occasion or thomas bracelets wear this sort of ornaments on a daily basis, silver charm carriers it is up to your account. Blue thomas sabo necklaces topaz ring can ensure you that you will attract every person.
Post a Comment