Today is April 18 and time for another Sweet Melissa Sunday. The recipe for today is Sweet Potato Bread with Cinnamon-Rum-Orange Glaze chosen by Lorelei of Mermaid Sweets.
Search This Blog
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Sweet Melissa Sunday Sweet Potato Bread with Brownsugar Pecan Topping
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
21 comments:
WOW. That is some dedication. I think that I wouldn't know to live with being insulin resistant - I love my sweets too much! As for eating healthy, it takes time and some adjustments in how you think for it work.
As for the bread, I love the topping you made! It looks amazing!
I love the topping - good call! Your bread looks delicious. I also like the idea of using some WW flour in this recipe and may try that. Good luck to your daughter and glad you caught it early!
I love the changes you made to the bread. Congratulations to your daughter for embracing this and eating and exercising accordingly.
I am loving that topping you chose - amazing!
Good luck to you and your daughter - you are right, it is a good thing it was caught while she was young enough to be able to learn to make changes in her life that she can live with. Much easier at 17 than later in life.
I hope the transistion to a healthier and less sweet filled diet is a smooth one!
Your topping looks yummy!
I love the changes that you made to make this bread healthier. It never hurts to think about what to substitute, and you subs sound like a really tasty version of this bread. How lucky that your daughter was able to catch this early, and good luck with the lifestyle changes!
Diabetes runs in my family (my mother and sister have it), so I completely understand. It's a hard lifestyle change at first but one that is totally worth it in the end. The little changes (wheat flour for example) can definitely make a difference.
This does look totally delicious.Great job with the modifications and that wonderful topping.
Sorry to hear about your daughter's health problem. Like you said, it's a good thing you caught it early and your daughter is willing to make life style changes. I hope it goes well for her!
I love the color of your bread. It also looks very moist. Good to know that it works in mini loaf pans.
Wow, those look so yummy. Thanks for your super sweet comments, I've missed you too!
Thank God you found out that your daughter had a problem before it became a crisis, and that she's on board with healthy changes.
Since you're trying to support her, you could just send that amazing pecan topping to me. It would be a sacrifice, but I'm willing to do it. :-)
Your nut topping is a great addition. I use it on mashed sweet potatoes and it is delicious so I can imagine how it made your cake shine in taste.
She will do great with a momma like you Michelle! It is always a challenge when you have to be careful about what you are feeding yourself or others.
Glad you caught it early. I have a young relative with type 1 diabetes so I know how important diet and excercise are to maintaining health. Best of luck during this transition.
Your topping looks amazing by the way! Mmmmmm. :)
I know an adjustment to a change of diet is not easy but all of a sudden, it just happens and you are not overthinking (if you are) each choice.
I am speaking of my husband having celiac. At first, I was at a loss and did not know what to do. I thought, I would not be able to bake again. This was 16 years ago and they did not have all the flours that they have today.
Now, as you can tell, I can make most recipes, with different flours(rice, soy, sourghum, potato starch, corn starch, and dozens of others) All of a sudden, it became easy and I am pretty much eating gluten free, simply because there is no reason to cook two meals. His is good.
I hope you will have a smooth transition with your daughter. More, I hope she has a smooth transition.
Best of luck with the changes.
Maybe finding out about your daughter's resistance to insulin will end up being a good thing for everyone. I think about healthy choices when I cook, but I don't always make them. :}
Your mini loaves look delicious with that yummy topping on them.
I'm glad you guys caught your daughter's insulin resistance before it became a bigger problem. Good luck to your whole family with making the lifestyle changes Michelle :)
Great adaptations to the recipe! That topping looks so good and I don't even like pecans!
Good luck to both you and the family with the lifestyle changes!
Your bread loaves look delicious. Good to know that the recipe works well with whole wheat flour. I usually keep it in the pantry. Not to mention your topping looks delicious!
That topping looks delicious! It sounds like it would be great with ice cream too!
This bread was sooo delicious. I actually made it, but didn't have time to blog about it. I may later on this week.
Great recipe alterations; I especially like your ww flour addition and topping. I am glad you both found out about the insulin resistance early for your daughter. I am sure the discovery was a shocker but everyone is working together as a supportive group, helping with changes which is wonderful!
Blue topaz ring will certainly be thpmas sabo your best option if you are intended to thomas sabo jewellery include a ring into your gemstone jewelry collection. cheap thomas sabo charms Either if you wish to wear the ring on a special occasion or thomas bracelets wear this sort of ornaments on a daily basis, silver charm carriers it is up to your account. Blue thomas sabo necklaces topaz ring can ensure you that you will attract every person.
Post a Comment