Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

TWD Chockablock Cookies

Mary of Popsicles and Sandy Feet decided on Chockablock Cookies on page 86 in Dorie's cookbook From my home to yours. Thank you Mary for hosting this week. I enjoy your blog! Check out Mary's Blog for the recipe. http://www.popsiclesandsandyfeet.blogspot.com/
These cookies are definitely delicious and overloaded with scrumptious sweetness. I will be making these again!
I added a 1/2 cup of homemade granola and a 2.5 ounce bag of trail mix. I used semi-sweet chocolate chips instead of bittersweet. I didn't have a 1/2 cup of molasses so I used what I had left in the bottle, about 3 Tbsp. The trail mix was perfect in these cookies... I used a 1/2 a cup of some homemade granola...
I loved all the goodies in the trail mix...Peanuts, M&Ms, Raisins, Almonds and Cashews.

These cookies went over very well with my family. Everyone loved them. I ate two and put the rest in the freezer.



41 comments:

Every Day Blessings said...

Those look delicious! I will definitely be trying them as they look like something my girls would love.

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

The Trail Mix is a fantastic idea. Love the added color the candy gives and you did it right with all that chocolate.

chocolatechic said...

They reminded me of the granola grabbers.

Fabulous.

Nichicakes said...

Oh those do look good!

Anonymous said...

Your cookies are so packed with goodies, they look delicious. Great idea to toss in the trail mix.

Anonymous said...

Yours look lovely! I like the colors

Cindy said...

Trail Mix is a great choice. These cookies were a party in every bite.

The Mortensens said...

Ohhh I love your version of these cookies! I think it's great how different everyone is making them. It's fun to see the different versions!

Tia said...

that is genious! using a trail mix. I bet the salt in the mix made these awesome too.

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

These look amazing!! I'll have to try trail mix next time... :)

Bella Baker said...

Your cookies look absolutely amazing!!! I am drooling!! Those M&Ms! YUUUMMM!

Jencrafted said...

Are those M&M bits that I see in your cookies?! Awesome! Trail mix? You are one creative baker!! Well done. Very well done!

Shandy said...

Great idea with the trail mix and homemade granola! YUM! I just posted mine and used dried, plump blueberries, white chocolate and bittersweet chocolate chunks, pecans and sweetened coconut. They ended up being delicious! I love freezing extra cookie dough balls in the freezer and it looks like you did the same.

Great photos Michelle and Happy Baking!

Valerie Gamine said...

May I please reach out and grab one? They look scrumdelicious!

Hindy said...

Often, when I'm reading the blogs, I call my kids over to look at the great photos. I'm not showing them yours yet. They would insist I make another batch with m&ms right away and I've already made these twice recently.
I love the idea of using trail mix.

Mary said...

Hooray! I love the granola idea. I will try that next time. Thank you so much for your kind words and thanks for baking along with me this week. I feel like Queen for a Day!

Unknown said...

M&Ms and trail mix - how perfect! Those cookies look fantastic.

Mary Ann said...

I love that you used trail mix and granola in these- how perfect!

Kayte said...

Oh, I knew there would be something special going on over here with these, just didn't know what it would be...what a great idea you had! Now these are really chock full of goodies!

TeaLady said...

I like that you didn't fill your cookies with fruit. I think that is why I didn't care for these. Next time - your way.

Pamela said...

Wow! Those suckers are loaded!! Yummy.

Cakelaw said...

Yummo - I love the addition of M&Ms.

Teanna DiMicco said...

Homemade granola and trail mix!!! What great additions! They look so delicious!

Erin said...

These cookies reminded me of trail mix...how funny that you actually used some in your cookies! They look great!

Paula said...

You win the prize for most colorful cookies. Very nice!

welcometomyfrontporch said...

I'm interested in your homemade granola! Do you have that recipe on here?

Anonymous said...

They look delicious! Great idea to use homemade granola and trail mix!

Anonymous said...

Holy cow - your cookies look fabulous! The homemade granola addition looks tasty too! I like the color the M&M's add to the cookies. =) I surprisingly LOVE these cookies!

Ashley aka Eclectic Connoisseur said...

Your's look so pretty with the M&M's in them!

Linda said...

Adding trail mix (I also love the Costco mix) and granola is a fantastic idea....i'm making mental note for the next time that I make these delicious treats.

Mimi said...

Trail mix was a great idea to mix in. Thoses M&M add great color.
Mimi

Cathy said...

Great idea to use trail mix . . . and m&ms! I didn't expect to like them, but I loved them. Glad you did too!

Katrina said...

Wow, these look great! Love all the chocolate and what a good idea with trail mix.

Criollobylisa said...

Great idea! I bet the homemade granola was the perfect addition!Yummy!

Piggy said...

Homemade granola sounds really yum! And I like your colorful cookies too!

Carol Peterman/TableFare said...

The M&M splashes of color really make your cookies festive!

Nickki said...

Your cookies look so good! Love that you added m&ms and granola, I must try that next time! :-)

steph- whisk/spoon said...

way to use up stuff you had! looks tasty with those m&ms in there!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Oh, I love your added ingredients. They look and sound so delicious! Nice job!

Kindly, ldh

Unknown said...

Your cookies look terrific Michelle! You included so many wonderful goodies how could they not be yummy? :)

Anonymous said...

Blue topaz ring will certainly be thpmas sabo your best option if you are intended to thomas sabo jewellery include a ring into your gemstone jewelry collection. cheap thomas sabo charms Either if you wish to wear the ring on a special occasion or thomas bracelets wear this sort of ornaments on a daily basis, silver charm carriers it is up to your account. Blue thomas sabo necklaces topaz ring can ensure you that you will attract every person.