Search This Blog

Sunday, April 4, 2010

SMS Pecan Shortbread Cookies

Happy Easter everyone! These cookies remind me of Christmas.My mom makes them every year during the holidays.

Today's SMS recipe is Pecan Shortbread Cookies chosen by Lara of The Lab.
Thank you Lara for a wonderful choice of recipes!

I just read that Lara's mom is very sick. My thought and prayers are with you Lara.
http://oneilslab.wordpress.com/2010/03/30/delay-in-posting/


These cookies were super simple to make. I cut the recipe in half and was pleased with how they turned out.
They taste buttery, not to sweet with a hint of pecan flavoring.




I filled up these darling little treat bags and shared some cookies with my friends.

17 comments:

Katiecakes said...

I love those bags. So super cute!

Katie xox

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

These cookies are something. They look ladylike on your beautiful plate and they look adorable in the cute bags.

Candy said...

Cookies look yummy! The treat bags are adorable.

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

Good looking cookies! And the bags are adorable! :) Happy Easter!

Future Grown-Up said...

Your cookies look great. I love the bags...what an awesome thing for cookies at Easter.

Every Day Blessings said...

Those look yummy! I still have no home, we are still living in a friends house, so I have no access to post pictures and that is why I have not been baking. It has been very stressful. The town is large and has been hard to get use to. We LOVE our church! But I don't like my job and we still don't have a house. Please keep praying for us.

Unknown said...

How cute are those little bags!! I love them :) I don't like pecans so I gave mine to my neighbor and like you, she enjoyed them. I enjoyed how easy they were to whip up!

Julie said...

Love the treat bags! SO cute!

Happy Easter!

Tessa said...

I love the Easter bags! What a great way to share! Glad your family enjoyed the cookies.

Leslie said...

Your cookies look delicious (and those bags are adorable!)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for baking with me and most of all keeping my mom in your prayers! I love the bags. I thought these cookies were wonderful for Easter, just lightly sweet compared to all of the traditional Easter candies.

Susan said...

What darling bags! Your cookies look yummy. Happy Easter!

Liz said...

Aw, what a cute Easter gift. :) Shortbread reminds me of Christmas too, but it's a treat I don't mind eating year-round.

Nina said...

The treat bags are SO ADORABLE!

Rosy said...

Loving the treat bags! I totally agree - these were super simple to make and perfect for giving away as gifts. R x

Kayte said...

What fun to see your Easter table, food, and the kids enjoying their hunts and treats! Cute bags...you are just so creative!

Mara Campbell said...

Your cookies turned out great and I just love the cutie bags you used!! Hope you had a great Easter!