It's TWD ,March 30, 2010- Carmen of Carmen Cooks singled out Coconut Tea Cake on pages 194 and 195. Be sure to check out her blog for the recipe. http://carmencooks.wordpress.com/ Thank you Carmen for hosting this week!
I love new pretty things. Since the installation of our granite counter tops and my new double oven..yes double (I can cook two things at the same time) I have been on the look out for new pretty things for my kitchen. I just so happened to find this awesome recipe holder. Oh how I love it! The little ball and chains keep the book nice and open for me!
I also found this very pretty blue ceramic bundt pan. My old one was getting really worn out!
Here is the cake fresh and warm out of the oven.
Here it is out of the pan.
I thought this recipe was easy to follow and the cake baked up nice. It was a little dryer then I hoped for but Dorie said to expect it and you can even toast a slice... I had a slice with some tea and I seriously think that is the way to eat this cake. Im going to toast my next slice and add some butter. My family seemed to enjoy it too. My son said he couldn't taste the coconut much. I thought with the coconut milk and the coconut ,the flavor would come through more.
I love new pretty things. Since the installation of our granite counter tops and my new double oven..yes double (I can cook two things at the same time) I have been on the look out for new pretty things for my kitchen. I just so happened to find this awesome recipe holder. Oh how I love it! The little ball and chains keep the book nice and open for me!
36 comments:
Hi Michelle! I made mine too! I thought it was nice albeit a little dry, but the texture improved tremendously the next day! I love your blue bundt cake pan though. Very pretty!
Gorgeous recipe holder and new bundt! Glad you enjoyed the cake.
I actually baked a carrot cake in the Bundt pan yesterday! Yes, I baked. One of the guys Terry works with is celebrating a birthay today. Terry was in charge of the cake - oh my gosh I hope that it tastes ok. It looked great, but you never know when you try a new recipe...
Wish I would have used your fancy Bundt pan.
Love that beautiful new bundt pan! :) I have the same cookbook holder...dork that I am thought it was a photo holder when I bought it.
I love coconut. We will have to try this cake.
Fun spring break photos! Ahh, Cali.
I thought the cake tasted pretty coconutty, maybe it was the extra I sprinkled on the top! Your cake look great. I'm loving that cookbook holder!
looks good! nice job this week. i like your cookbookholder by the way.
What a pretty cookbook holder! Jealous of your bundt pan - I need to get one already. Lovely cake!
I love your cookbook holder and blue bundt pan. I thought this cake was delish!
Your kitchen gets better and better looking with each post! That bundt pan is beautiful! I borrowed one and noticed it was for the microwave when removing the cake. Oops--I really should invest in one.
What a cute pan! I didn't know they made them in ceramic. Glad the cake was enjoyed!
What a cool recipe book holder and a cute bundt pan. Your cake turned out well, too.
I do love your bundt pan and recipe holder! Lovely cake, we loved it here too. :-)
Wow, your bundt pan is soo pretty! And the cake really turned out well - it puffed up so nicely!
But HOLY COW! I'm totally envious of your new kitchen!!! =) A double oven?? New counters? And a great cook book holder to top it all off? Heavy sigh...
This was not my favorite Dorie creation, but I LOVE your blue bundt pan!!
I love how your cake puffed up! So pretty :) I think that toasting the coconut helped the flavor to come out more.
I love that dish! Looks great!
Pretty holder - I always struggle to keep dorie's book open while baking! I have to refer to it 20 times in one recipe! The blue bowl is really pretty too. Hooray for double ovens & new kitchen stuff!
I'm constantly on the lookout for pretty new things for my kitchen, too! Your cake looks delicious. I made the Mocha-Walnut one this week, and plan to have the Coconut one for Easter.
The cake looks yummy, it makes me wish I still had some. I love that blue Bundt pan.
oh, i love your pretty blue bowl! and your cake looks beautiful and delicious.
Your blue bundt pan is beautiful! My cake wasn't dry at all, which I thought was odd, but maybe it's because I made minis. I agree on the coconut flavor, it was mild, but the cake was still yummy!
The ceramic bundt pan is a beauty and your cake is lovely. My cake was quite moist; I think it was just luck - I used a 9 inch kugelhopf pan and baked for 60 mins. The cake was real hit at work.
Love the recipe holder! Its so pretty and I bet it helps a lot during baking. I always end up holding a book open with my elbow (I'm a messy baker!) and praying not to get anything on the book, which fails more often than not haha. I agree that the coconut flavor didnt come out very much. I think the variations--using citrus or spices--are key to lots of flavor. glad you liked it!
looks gorgeous! love having new things to use in the kitchen!
I love your recipe book holder. It's so beautiful. The cake looked good too. I can't wait to try this recipe.
I love new pretty things, too! Your cookbook holder is lovely -- I have one on my wish list -- and how great that it has weights to hold your pages! I love the bundt pan, too. I'm glad you enjoyed the cake! I made the mocha bundt this week because I was out of coconut milk. I love reading the posts for this cake because I'm getting some wonderful ideas.
Your cake looks great. The cookbook holder and new pan are great too!
I love your cookbook holder! I have a functional (though not pretty) wood and plexiglass one. And your bundt pant is gorgeous! Great photos of your cake!
Hi Michelle, Your coconut cake looks really good! I thought the same thing about the coconut flavor... wish it came through more.
I really love your book holder. I have had one on my wish list ever since I got that giant Dorie book.
Your kitchen looks beautiful and the double over is so exciting!
Nice visiting with you!
Kindly, ldh
Isn't it great how the little things make baking even more enjoyable? Your cake turned out great! Mine was a little dry too but seemed better on the second and third days.
Both the recipe holder and the bundt pan are sooooo cute!! Your bundt looks absolutely perfect by the way!
I really want a cook book holder like that and I love your Bundt pan. Needless to say, I'm totally coveting your double ovens! :o) Nice cake.
I can't believe how far behind I am on catching up with my favorite blogs! Great job on the cake. I really liked this one...I found it to be moist and chewy and delicious!
What a pretty cake mold to bake your cake in. Your cake is so pretty, inside and out!
Blue topaz ring will certainly be thpmas sabo your best option if you are intended to thomas sabo jewellery include a ring into your gemstone jewelry collection. cheap thomas sabo charms Either if you wish to wear the ring on a special occasion or thomas bracelets wear this sort of ornaments on a daily basis, silver charm carriers it is up to your account. Blue thomas sabo necklaces topaz ring can ensure you that you will attract every person.
Post a Comment