Search This Blog

Monday, April 5, 2010

Sweet Potato pie recipe and Easter fun

I hope you all had a wonderful Easter with your loved ones. I know I did. We started the morning off with a great homemade breakfast and then church. I baked two pies for dinner. Dorie's  delicious Blueberry pie and this wonderful sweet potato pie. I include the link the the recipe for the Sweet potato pie here...http://www.grouprecipes.com/11497/the-best-sweet-potato-pie.html






The sun decided to shine for about a 1/2 an hour. I quickly took these pictures while I could!








We decided to have our Easter egg hunt inside since it was cold and wintery outside.

My oldest daughter, my son and my husband decided they want to find the eggs. My middle daughter and I hid them!

This picture is blurry, you should have seen my son runnning downstaris to the basement to get more eggs...



My oldest daughter calmly stayed upstairs and stacked the eggs up in her basket.


My favorite part of the day was being with  my family. Everyone was healthy and happy. We had a wonderful time together. My Favorite food of the day was Dorie's blueberry pie. I have decided this recipe is in the top three favorites of mine from Dorie's cookbook, From My Home to Yours!

5 comments:

Jessica said...

Michelle, I loved reading about your family's Easter celebration! My brother and sister and I haven't done egg hunts in a few years, but we did egg hunts even after we were "too old" to participate. Actually, I think that those were some of the best egg hunts we had because it was just so funny that the 3 of us were so competitive about an egg hunt of all things! So it was really fun for me to see the pictures of your egg hunts. Easter is my favorite holiday for many reasons, but the family aspect is definitely high on that list. I'm glad that you and your family were able to be together and celebrate Easter yesterday.

My dad loves sweet potato pie so I'll have to check out that recipe. And, both of my parents adore blueberry pie. I wanted to rewind the TWD blueberry pie last summer but I never got around to it. I'll definitely have to rewind it this summer!

Aspiring Mom2three said...

I loved reading your post and that your kids are not too "old" to hunt eggs. Loved the pictures! We had not done a egg hunt in years, but we did one during school on Thursday. I remember doing a few inside ones when it was so rainy outside - once we forgot where hid the eggs. Honey used to talk about having sweet potato pie when he was growing up and the blueberry looks delicious. I need to make one this summer after we go blueberry picking.

Aspiring Mom2three said...

I don't know if you've seen the Taste of Home Peeps Sunflower Cake:

http://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/Peeps-Sunflower-Cake

Susan said...

How fun, reading about your Easter celebration. You should never be "too old" for anything. :)

Great looking pies. I am going to have to try the blueberry one again. Yours looks delicious. And sweet potato pie? One of my favorites! Thanks for sharing. :)

Unknown said...

Dorie's blueberry pie is one of my absolute favorites too! I've never had a sweet potato pie but it sounds delicious so I'll have to give it a shot sometime. Thanks for sharing the egg hunt photos - looks like it was a lot of fun!!