Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 2, 2010

TWD Toasted-Coconut Custard Tart

Beryl of Cinemon Girl picked Toasted-Coconut Custard Tart on pages 344 and 345.
Thank you Beryl for the great choice! Be sure to check out her blog ..
http://cinemongirl.blogspot.com/2010/02/feelin-tiki.html


I really enjoyed making this tart. It was a busy day and it seemed like I was rushing to get it done. Im glad I took the time to make it. I was out of cornstarch and didn't use the booze. It turned out fine.

I only had ONE bite of this luscious treat! It's not that I didn't want to eat the entire tart myself, I just am thinking about swimsuit season..it will be here before we know it!


The sun was shining today, I could not resist taking all of these photos with the sun dancing on my tart!The tart was amazing! I gave half of it to my neighbor because she is sweet and because we do not need this entire luscious tart hanging out here. Im sure it would be gone in a few hours!

26 comments:

Sabrina said...

You did a lovely job! Love the sunshine!

Susan said...

Beautiful pictures with the sun shining on the tart!

I gave some of mine to my in-laws. I don't need the whole yummy thing here either! :)

Bella Baker said...

Wow, this looks amazing!! I didn't make this one, but it sure looks delicious!

Amanda said...

Beautiful in the sunlight! :) I agree, it was yummy, I had some for breakfast. shhhh. LOL

spike. said...

What self control you have! I had more than one bite. Loved it too!

Katrina said...

Wow, looks great and even without the cornstarch for thickening. Maybe I should have left it out so it didn't thicken so fast.
Way to only have a bite!

Unknown said...

I love pictures with the sun shining on things :) Your tart looks great!! I wish I'd left the rum out too - I think I would have liked it more. It was too overpowering for me.

Tia said...

Yours looks fantastic! Like everyone else has said... sun = good!

Mary Ann said...

How nice of you to share your delicious tart! We shared too.
It looks so yummy.

Valerie Gamine said...

It's so nice to see the sunlight on something equally as bright and happy! Great work! It was a smart move to share it too, this one was rich. :0

Amber Marie said...

This looks lovely with the sun shining in! Glad you had some sun. I also didn't use the rum and loved it all the same.

chocolatechic said...

The sun was shining!

That was the first thing I noticed in your pictures.


Sigh...I love it.

Sharon said...

I am wishing for lots of sunshine. Love your pictures.

Anonymous said...

It looks delicious! I'm always in favor of giving some away and spreading out the calories!

TeaLady said...

Just ONE bite. Wow, that's willpower. Tart looks great. Especially with the sun shining on it.

John Williams said...

Great job! I thought this was very yummy. Nice of you to share it!

Cakelaw said...

Your tart looks great - I love the lemony sunlight lighting it up.

alvarosa said...

Seems spring is just around the corner, how nice! You're right, I shoudl definitely catch up with the tarte!

Anonymous said...

We loved it! And most of the family does not like coconut! You are amazing. Come to think of it, I probably need to consider swimsuit season ....

They loved it and they love you! Thank you! Thank you! And my "fat" jeans are starting to thank you too :)

Hugs, Mary
mm.mkeat.com

Marthe said...

Finally got to taste it myself and oh my gosh, this is sooooo good!! Yum!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

This looks just perfect. Love the pictures with the sun shining in. I didn't bake this week and after seeing all of the results I am kind of sorry. Your sugar cookies are so pretty too!

Leslie said...

Yummy! Yours turned out so much creamier than mine.

Cathy said...

It looks delicious!! This really was good, wasn't it? And these aren't even my favorite flavors. Love the pic of the sun dancing on the tart!

Aspiring Mom2three said...

This looks so deliciously yummy! I might be tempted to make this next time we have company. I have to agree - the sunlight drifting across the tart is beautiful. Wish we a smell feature on your blog!

Kayte said...

Looks delicious. One piece was just the ticket...very rich!

Gracie said...

I didn't make this last time, I was travelling on business. Looks so yummy, I hope I have time to make it soon!