Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Breaking away from mom

I love my son. I love his gentle spirit and his quietness. I love that he has a heart of gold and is a nice boy. I love him for the young man he is becoming. I love the way he can touch deep in to my soul like no other. I love the fact he is my baby. I love him like a mother should love their child. I pray for him everyday. I pray for his future , for his safety and someday for a wonderful loving wife.
I woke up one day and my sweet boy will not let me hug him he jerks away when I kiss him and flat out runs when I come at him with any sort of affection. I know he's growing his little wings and I know that he's discovering who he is. But with all this I know to be , I still miss my loves and hugs from my baby.
Gotta go mom..see ya....

He is resisting my hug..but I can still see that smile on his face!

11 comments:

Tina said...

Oh mamma....I love my Sonny Boy too...he's the sweetest most gentle lad I've ever met...a real joy to my heart and very different than my girls. He's still so young...that honestly I am still his center... I know these days are coming! Thinking of you.

welcometomyfrontporch said...

Oh man...I know that day will be here soon for me. I will need lots of advice when it comes too. Hugs to you.

Susan said...

When my son was growing up, he went through a stage where getting hugs from Mom wasn't cool. Now that he is grown, hugs are okay. :)

Maria said...

He will come around:)

Megan said...

My daughter is going through that now - she won't let me near her at school, or when she thinks someone else is looking.

My son is still young enough (10) to let me hug him, but that's changing too - especially at school.

Shelby said...

They change again though - trust me. ;)

Cathy said...

This made me teary, Michelle! Mine won't be far behind. Look at that sweet smile though! You know he loves that you want to hug him!

Baking is my Zen...sweet nibbles for the soul said...

If its any consolation...that's just what happens when children grow to the next stage in their lives...But, yes, it does hurt to see when the affection is not embraced as quickly as before.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. The Pecan Cake was good...but, lots of work indeed. However, I'm one to enjoy challenges, so I embraced it.

Have a great week!
Carmen

Rachel said...

Keep on hugging him, he does like it and needs it. Just don't do it in front of his friends... Growing up is hard to do, for both mom and kiddos. I also pray for my girls and their future spouses.
Blessings, Rachel

Anonymous said...

Oh, what a beautiful post. Sometimes I'm so rushed and pressed for time with my young son (2 1/2), I don't take the time to slow down and give him enough hugs during the day. You've reminded me to get them while I can.

Anonymous said...

Blue topaz ring will certainly be thpmas sabo your best option if you are intended to thomas sabo jewellery include a ring into your gemstone jewelry collection. cheap thomas sabo charms Either if you wish to wear the ring on a special occasion or thomas bracelets wear this sort of ornaments on a daily basis, silver charm carriers it is up to your account. Blue thomas sabo necklaces topaz ring can ensure you that you will attract every person.