Thank you to Nina of http://ninascupcakes.blogspot.com/ for selecting the Sugar cookies. Nina is a wonderful baker and a busy college students. SHe is famous for baking her college friends wonderful goodies. Im sure they appreciate her very much. She is also very faithful in leaving comments on every SMS bakers page. I love getting her comments and reading the sweet things she has to say.
Some of the reviews weren't so good for these cookies. I have learned from baking that you can add your own twist to any recipe. What I did with these...I added the entire zest from a lemon, a few squirts of fresh lemon juice, 3/4 cup of sugar in stead of a 1/2 of a cup. I didn't see any baking powder in the recipe, so I added my own 1 1/2 tsp. The cookies definitely did not come out bland. They were outstanding. I loved the lemon flavoring.It was not to lemony but just perfect!
Cutting the dough....
Ready to bake...
I am not a patient decorater..Im lucky if I get the frosting COLORED..I do love the SPRING colors, don't you!
All these cute little chicks ready to wobble right into my mouth!
12 comments:
Thank you so much for baking with me this week and for the wonderful comments! I agree, not everyone liked these, but I love what you did with them. I think the cookies are so adorable! The spring colors really popped and it looks like everyone's ready for the weather to be warmer and more spring-like!
Those cookies are so super sweet. I love the colours.
Katie xox
Love the spring colors! So cute!
Love the cookie cutters and your colors. What a beautiful reminder of Spring.
Your cookies are so bright and sunny! Love them! Great job decorating. :)
I love that you went with a spring theme for your cookies Michelle! I am SO ready for spring to get here :) Your cookies look great! I upped the flavor in these too and thought they were really yummy.
I love the color of the frosting! Good job!
You are amazing. These are beautiful. To think, they are the same cookies.
Thanks for coming by. Actually, I did post the recipe. I thought, I had put it on pending and did not realize it published on Thursday.
My husband loved these and wants more. I made them gluten free. All plain cookies become GF because he is a plainer cookie eater. Chocolate is for me and is not GF.
Yum! They look amazing!! I love the spring colors and i'm glad they turned out great for you. I agree, they did need a little bit of extra flavor.
Awww how sweet. These almost look too good to eat :)
Michelle, your cookies looks so SPRING! Love your additions to the recipe too.
I am with you. Spring is such a refreshing start of the year. Unfortunately, here on the coast of Washington, Spring is notorious for lots more rain. . . but I think the most snow we had was 1/4" for the whole year. . .maybe this Spring will be different for us too. Happy Monday my dear baking friend!
Great spring feel on the cookies! Can't wait for warm weather michelle!
Post a Comment