Thank you Jodie of Bensy Loves Cake for this weeks selection of Dulce de Leche duos. This recipe can be found on page. 161 or Dorie Greenspans cookbook, From My Home to Yours or check out Jodies blog for the recipe.http://beansylovescake.blogspot.com/
I was so thankful for the helpful information on making your own Dulce De Leche. I got my two cans of Sweetened Condensed Milk, placed them in my crockpot in 2 inches of water, and let them simmer all night. In the morning, after cooling the cans, I opened them up and surprise there was a rich golden caramel spread staring back at me. What a easy method to make homemade Dulce De Leche! 
The cookie portion of this recipe was very easy to make as well.


These cookies are wonderful! My husband really enjoyed them and the kids too.
I made some with the filling and some without. We liked the filled cookies the best. The texture of these cookies are soft and chewy. I really did not know what to expect the flavor to be. They are different, in a good way. I will definitely make them again. I really wanted to try them with ice cream, but didn't get around to it. Thanks again Jodi for a great TWD choice, they were a hit at my house!
32 comments:
These cookies sound delish! I love this method of making dulce de leche. Way cool.
Wasn't that the greatest method for DDL? Glad you found it and tried it too - glad your family enjoyed them!
mike
TWD blog:
web.me.com/mikejdunlap
I'm like you and didn't know what to expect the taste to be, but they were definitely delicious. Good work on yours.
Oooh... next time I'll have to use the crockpot. I did mine in the oven, which wasn't hard, but the crockpot would be so much easier! Your cookies look great!
they look incredible! Great job making your own dulce de leche! These were so yummy! I wish I still had some to nibble on!
Glad to know yours look just like mine and you even described them pretty much the same. I have some of the plain cookies left, I think I'll try putting Nutella in the center or something.
Yours look really yummy, and I'm glad you and your family enjoyed them! I did something drastically wrong, and ended up making sablees to have with the filling.
Yum! Your cookies look great and I love the slow cooker method for the dulce de leche, too.
We love dulce de leche mixed with vanilla ice cream. It's good to know that you can make your own if you can't find it at the market.
Glad you liked them! Thanks for bkaing with me!
All I have wanted to do today is eat. Seeing all these DDL cookies is making me want them too....or at least a spoon with the can of DDL! :)
Super delicious !!
haha! I had someone ask if I made these with Haggen Daaz dulce de leche. :) I bet they would be good with ice cream.
Your cookies look delicious!
These would be good with ice cream! I had some dulce de leche left over and thought I'd put in on ice cream, but it didn't last long enough for me to get some. Too good!
I like how soft yours look. perfect with a cup of milk. nice job!
Yummy! How is Spring Break across the street? I have been busy - at least I paused long enough this afternoon to get dinner on.
Hugs, Mary
Yes, weren't these cookies delightful! I think I'll try the method of slow cooking a can of condensed milk next time.
I didn't know what these would taste like either, but I like them! Yours look fantastic!
Your cookies look deicious. I need to try the crock pot method for DDL sounds so easy.
MImi
These look delicious! Your cookies look very tasty. - mary
I used the crockpot method too! So simple and such great results :) Your cookies look fantastic - glad hey were a e. I actually preferred the cookies alone rather than sandwiched with the DDL.
The pie looked good enough...now these. Drop by anytime, sweets in hand...as long as you don't mind catching me in my jammies. :)
I'm definitely going to use the crockpot method for the DDL next time :-) Your cookies look great!
I used the crockpot too. It was so easy, wasn't it?! I think the idea of making them with ice cream sounds great. I'll have to try that next time too!
THESE were really tasty. Glad they worked for y'all. Had to freeze mine - way too tempting.
Love making DDL, but usually boil on stove top. This is much safer.
I agree - these were fab. I want those 2 tins of DDL in your post - they look soooooooo good.
Felicitarile mele pentru blogul tau minunat si pentru retetele deosebite!
Yeah I like how your cookies look soft and chewy, they look wonderful!
YES- I can see these being awesome with ice cream. Glad you loved them!
Yum, want to make these again next week? I do...seeing yours makes me want to make them even more as yours look really fabulous!
Blue topaz ring will certainly be thpmas sabo your best option if you are intended to thomas sabo jewellery include a ring into your gemstone jewelry collection. cheap thomas sabo charms Either if you wish to wear the ring on a special occasion or thomas bracelets wear this sort of ornaments on a daily basis, silver charm carriers it is up to your account. Blue thomas sabo necklaces topaz ring can ensure you that you will attract every person.
Post a Comment