Search This Blog

Sunday, March 21, 2010

SMS Caramel apple pie

It's time for Sweet Melissa Sunday and today we have Double-crusted Caramel Apple Pie by Susan of Baking with Susan ! Be sure to check out her blog for this wonderful recipe.http://bakingbysue.blogspot.com/ Susan has a wonderful blog with mouth watering photos. She is a wonderful baker. Her maiden name is the same as mine, Murphy. We have adopted each other as long lost relatives!

 I am loving my new recipe holder. It is so nice to read, when the pages aren't flipping all over the place. This is the first pie crust I have rolled out on my new counter tops..so nice! I love not using a cutting board. This is the first pie in my new oven..Do you see how clean it is!!
Yum hot apple pie fresh out of the oven.
I really liked this egg wash we made for the top of the pie. It made for a nice crispy brown crust.
This is the first caramel apple pie I have ever made. I love apple pie and have actually always wanted to try a caramel apple pie. I'm so glad I did because this pie was yummy! I love it warmed up with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on top. My husband said he couldn't taste the caramel much. I would add more next time and use less sweeter apples. Thanks Susan for a wonderful selection. In my opinion you can't go wrong with pie!

25 comments:

Nina said...

The recipe holder looks so useful. I feel like everyone needs something like that.

Love the cleanliness!

This pie was also a hit at the Pi day party for me as well!

Candy said...

Looks delicous! Still jealous of your countertops...

Shelby said...

This looks very yummy Michelle! I'm loving your new kitchen :) and your recipe holder!

Susan said...

I love your cookbook holder! Mine is a clear plexi glass type. And, the new counters look fabulous!!

Your pie turned out great! I'm with you about adding a jar of caramel from the store next time. :)

Thanks for baking along with me this week.

Baking is my Zen...sweet nibbles for the soul said...

Michelle,

Oh, that is one pretty recipe book holder. It goes so nicely with your awesome countertop. I think I'm going to look forward to your posts just to look at your beautiful kitchen! :)

Thanks for sharing what your fav baking tool is.

Have a great day!

Carmen

Judy said...

Terrific-looking counters! Granite is my favorite. The pie looks wonderful, too. I will have to give the recipe a try, since I love apple pies as well. What a great new kitchen you have!

Anonymous said...

I just got out of bed and here is your lovely pie! Amazing how things happen when I take a moment to have a relaxing weekend morning and stay in bed and smell the pillow! You rock girlfriend.

Hugs, Mary

Every Day Blessings said...

That looks delicious, especially with the new counter top, oven and recipe holder.You go girl!

Julie said...

Hi! Your pie is beautiful!

Love the recipe holder, I've been wanting one!

A clean oven is such a great thing. I just purchased an oven liner and I LOVE it! Saves the oven from spills and messes.

Tessa said...

The close picture of your pie almost has me salivating :-) It looks delicious! I'm with you on the caramel. More definitely = better. It doesn't really matter what I'm making.

Future Grown-Up said...

I envy you that counter :)

Beautiful pie...makes me glad mine didn't look that wonderful or I'd still be eating it.

Unknown said...

Your cookbook holder is beautiful! I have one too but it's much more about function than looks :)

Your pie looks fantastic! I thought this one was good, but maybe lacking in flavor just a bit.

Katrina said...

So fun to bake in a new oven!
And the pie looks fabulous!

Hanaâ said...

Your pie turned out beautiful! Love the golden color on the crust. I applaud you for rolling out the dough on the granite countertop. I bought myself some big Silpat silicone mats so I can roll out dough and bread on that instead :o)

margot said...

I agree, you can't go wrong with pie! Yours looks great and so do your countertops and recipe-holder. It must be a pleasure to bake in a newly renovated kitchen.

Cristine said...

Your pie looks great! (Love the countertops!)

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

You have a lot of firsts in this recipe. You must be enjoying all the newness. I get excited about a new measuring cup. Can you imagine what I would be like with all new items?

Great pie.

I am not posting for another two or three weeks because of the Jewish holidays. I have to make these up. Such good recipes.

k.a.r.e.n said...

Love the new kitchen! Your pie looks fantastic.

Andrea at Nummy Kitchen said...

Michelle, your pie looks perfect! I skipped the topping because I baked it in the pie maker and I think I missed out on the best part, it looks like it really makes this pie.

Your new countertops are gorgeous, and a new oven as well, what a lucky, lucky girl you are :)

Anonymous said...

I just love your cookbook holder! You must share where it came from ;)

Erin said...

Yum! It looks delicious. I've seen caramel apple pies, but have never made one. I'll have to try this. Isn't it fun baking in a new kitchen?

Leslie said...

Your pie looks fantastic! I remember the first pie I made when my granite was installed.

Mara Campbell said...

Your pie looks soo good!! But I am distracted by your WAY COOL recipe book holder. I swear, I have no place to put my cookbooks when I cook. I need one!!!

spike. said...

every time I read your blog, I get more and more jealous of your counter tops! Glad you loved the pie- I think it was more fun than plain ole apple pie

Anonymous said...

Blue topaz ring will certainly be thpmas sabo your best option if you are intended to thomas sabo jewellery include a ring into your gemstone jewelry collection. cheap thomas sabo charms Either if you wish to wear the ring on a special occasion or thomas bracelets wear this sort of ornaments on a daily basis, silver charm carriers it is up to your account. Blue thomas sabo necklaces topaz ring can ensure you that you will attract every person.