Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Sweet Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Biscuits

Fall is in the air! I love the cool crisp mornings and the leaves that are falling from my golden trees. Fall is my all time favorite season. Not only do I love the beauty of nature but it just feels right to be in my kitchen baking. Warm homemade bread, flaky pie crusts filled with mounds of sweet delicious treats, cookies and all the fun hot drinks we consume in the fall! It's October 20 and time for another TWD!- Thank you to Erin of Prudence Pennywise who selected Sweet Potato Biscuits, on page 26. Be sure to check out her blog for the recipe.......http://www.prudencepennywise.blogspot.com/My daughter did all the chip decorating for me.... Thank you for all or your thoughts and nice comments last week, regarding the passing of my MIL. It's nice to get back into the baking routine again. I was pleased with this recipe and enjoyed the pumpkin and chocolate chip combination.I added a cup of pumpkin, 2 tbs more of the flour and 2 tbs. of white sugar.

30 comments:

natalia said...

Ciao ! Love the decorations ! I wanted to try pumpkin too !!

Eliana said...

I knew you would take it to the next level - love, love, love the chocolate chips.

Hindy said...

Mmm, chocolate. Excellent choice!

Hanaâ said...

Those look yummy!

Amber Marie said...

Pumpkin seems like it would be great instead of the sweet potato. Your biscuits rose nicely!

Katrina said...

You beat me to the chocolate on this one! I thought about it. They look great!

Kayte said...

I just did not realize your power of production. I figured there was NO WAY you would be able to work chocolate into this week with sweet potato biscuits and all. How little my imagination functions these days. My guys would leap on these in an instant. Very nice.

Bella Baker said...

Yum!! I bet your pumpkin chocolate chip version was delicious! Your daughter did a great job decorating!!

Valerie Gamine said...

Ooo Chocolate chips!! Great job, your biscuits look fabulous and perfectly dressed for Fall. :)

Soy*Baby said...

Very cute. I bet the pumpkin/chocolate chip combo was great.

Maria said...

I love the chocolate chips on top!

Steph said...

Maybe adding chocolate chips would have been the secret to getting my family eat mine!

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

You can never go wrong with chocolate chips!! :)

Megan said...

They certainly look fabulous - and they held their shape perfectly.

I skipped them - but I wish I had thought to go with chocolate!

Tammy said...

chocolate chips would have been a tasty addition

Rachel said...

Your daughter is a great decorator. =)
These look great.

Jacque said...

Oh, see, chocoalte chips would have been perfect with these... good call!

Jaime said...

wow i love how you played around w/this recipe :)

i'm so sorry to hear about your loss

margot said...

Perfect biscuits, Michelle! It wouldn't have occurred to me to use chocolate, I love how versatile the biscuits are.

Peggy said...

Oh what a great idea to add the chocolate chips! And to get your daughter to decorate them for you. Reading your post made me miss my mom and the times I shared with her in the kitchen as a child. Great job on your biscuits.

Windansea said...

Good idea with the pumpkin - might have to try that next!

Prudy said...

OOh, chocolate chips! Genius!

Pamela said...

Whoa...looks good to me!

Anonymous said...

Your pumpkin biscuits look delicious! I love pumpkin and would love to try it with pumpkin instead. Was the dough sticky?
So very sorry to hear about your MIL.

Anonymous said...

Ooh...like the idea of chocolate chips. YUM.

Cakelaw said...

Yum!! I love the ones with mini marshmallows.

Melissa said...

I used pumpkin, too, but foolishly added potatoes as well. Yeah, don't do that. ;) Yours look wonderful, great job!

Leslie said...

Chocolate chips were the way to go with these! They needed something to boost their flavor.

Aspiring Mom2three said...

These look great! Never would have thought of this combination. Sweet Daughter made pumpkin muffins the other day and they were great. Just a hint of mace and a great way to start the day...

Michele said...

I love the addition of the chocolate!