Search This Blog

Sunday, October 25, 2009

SMS Devils Food Cake with PB frosting

It's that time again! It seems like just a few days ago I was baking those sweet potato biscuits. Now here we are again....It's....... October 25: Devils Food Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting by Holly of Phe/mom/enon Im showing you my best pictures first because my cake is super ugly.

It was So moist and tasted like Birthday and Christmas wrapped up in one bite! I have to say this is a top favorite of mine in the SMS cookbook!

I stopped by the gas station to get a video at Red box and this caught my eye ....I thought hmmm I have a cake cooling on the counter, ready to eat when I get home..would not this be the perfect addition to a cake with chocolate and peanut butter. Why not add more calories, right!?
Sooo now the pictures I'm not so proud of but I will show you !!
You see I forgot to add something to replace the coffee. I all ready decided that the coffee taste is not going in with my deletable chocolate and peanut butter. Not adding more liquid made my cake go crazy.
My cake had a big dip and looks bad.... Ugly..huh! beware it gets worse...
I warned you.... So as you see the cake is not so pretty, but I think the individual cut slices were fine and they tasted FINE...so moist and so delicious. I will make this again and add more water or something to replace the coffee...
Be sure to check out all the other SMS blogs..you will see how the cake SHOULD look!

18 comments:

Nina said...

Even though the cake may not look the best, all that matters is how it tastes. It seems like you all liked it and it was yummy!

Also, any chocolate cake with peanut butter with ice cream? That's amazing. I'm sure it tasted really good.

Candy said...

Loved the addition of the ice cream! Also, your frosting looks delicious! I agree with you about the flavor of this cake - it was awesome.

Stephanie said...

"tasted like Birthday and Christmas wrapped up in one bite!" HAHAH You're so cute! I agree- this recipe was one of the most winner-est recipes so far! I loved it. And Ben & Jerry's... a genius addition.

welcometomyfrontporch said...

That sounds AWESOME! The cake looked fine to me, better than what some of my cakes have looked like. :)

Susan said...

Mmmm, peanut butter cup ice cream with devil's food cake! I agree, what's a few more calories! :D Glad you enjoyed the cake. The coffee only intensifies the chocolate flavor. Try it, you might like it. :)

Katiecakes said...

The more rustic the cake the better the taste :D

Katie xox

Aspiring Mom2three said...

That looks really rich! I agree with Nina, who cares what it looks like, it's the taste that count! I don't each peanut butter anymore, but it really looks like something I'd love to share with some really good sister-chicks on Girls Night Out!

Mrs. G said...

The taste is all that matters. My mom always told me to cut the cake up in slices if it falls; no one will know (lol)

Anonymous said...

That ice cream sounds great! Glad you liked the cake!

Julie said...

I bet this was soo good with the peanut butter ice cream!! Great idea!

Sarah said...

Glad you liked it so much!

k.a.r.e.n said...

Oh stop!!! You made it and its your creation. It looks great!

Hanaâ said...

I'm glad you and your family enjoyed it. Great ice cream combo, btw. I'll have to put this one on my to-bake list.

margot said...

Ooh, I bet it was super-yummy with the ice cream. Just so you know for next time: I reduced the amount of coffee and added some water, and my boyfriend didn't even notice there was coffee in it.

Shandy said...

You loved how your cake tasted and so did your family...which I strongly agree...was delicious~!

The ice cream choice...Fabulous! and the person behind making this tasty cake...also Fabulous!

Anonymous said...

oh i've had worse looking cakes i promise you this!! i once made a guinness stout chocolate cake and my baking soda was expired but i was in a pinch and had no time to run to the store. there was a HUGE dip in the middle of all three layers, one wouldn't come out of the pan and split in two!! BUT once i finally tamed it, it was ok lol.

Steph said...

All that matters is that it was delicious!

Karin said...

As long as it tastes great right? Cakes can be so finicky sometimes. Glad your family liked it!