Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

TWD Cheesecake Brownies

Before they went in to the oven. Look how the brownies pulled away for the pan. It sure made it easy to get them out of the pan.
I hated to cover up the pretty swirly art!
Who can resist these.
Three layers of sweet goodness! I had no issues with this recipe other then waiting for them to cool in the refrigerator. Luckily we had a Doctor appt. so I HAD to leave and let them chill. I did not use the espresso because I don't care for coffee flavored treats and I'm sure my kids feel the same. I had to cook them about 10 minutes longer then the recipe said. They came out perfect! I love the smooth moist texture of the brownie and the sweet velvet frosting is heavenly! I could eat this entire batch myself...but I was SO GOOD and only had a small wedge.
Thanks Melissa of Life in a Peanut Shell for this weeks selection of recipes. I'm really loving these Brownies. Please be sure to check out her blog for the recipe.http://lifeinapeanutshell.blogspot.com/

34 comments:

Babette said...

Nice swirl work! Mine was a bit...clumpy. but tasty.

Mary Ann said...

Glad you liked them- your swirls are pretty!

Cathy said...

WOW, that is some beautiful swirling!! I could totally eat the whole batch myself, and in fact, I just might. They're in my freezer, so I just hope I can spread it out over a month or two. :-) I skipped the sour cream topping, but that part looks delicious too!

Megan said...

Very pretty pictures - and they look delicious!

Andrea at Nummy Kitchen said...

Michelle, your brownies looks perfect! Your did a beautiful job with your chocolate swirls :)

Anonymous said...

Your brownies look great. I'm glad you liked them.

Cristine said...

Your pictures are great!

Sihan said...

oh gosh.. you actually did cover up those swirls.. what a shame! those look great anyway!

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

Nice! I love how swirly your are! :) Glad they turned out so well! Lovely pictures!

Jules Someone said...

Yours look just lovely! My swirl was very un-swirl like. Ah well.

Every Day Blessings said...

Those look delicious! I'm going over there to get that recipe

Jessica said...

I really like the way that your cheesecake layer looks without the espresso layer. The brownies are so pretty, they look like black and white bars. The swirls are gorgeous, too.

chocolatechic said...

Your swirls are gorgeous.

spike. said...

excellent self control to only have one wedge! That swirling is beautiful

Katrina said...

Yay, I'm glad you loved them! I made them three times, three different ways and concluded that I don't really like brownie and cheesecake together. It was a fun experiment anyway!
Love your triangles. And your new blog header!

Kayte said...

Wow, how did you get your chocolate to stay on top like that??? Mine just sank to the bottom and I had to try to guess where swirling would be and that didn't work...no swirls for me, but the guys loved the brownies. Yours look so good.

Jennifer said...

I loved these too!!! Yours look SOOO good!!! Great swirling!

Thank you for the support and kind words on my blog :)

Madam Chow said...

Awesome willpower! I love coffee, but to be honest, I think I would have liked these better with plain cheesecake, instead of the espresso, like you made them.

Tammy said...

I thought that the sour cream here in NZ may have been a different consistency to that in the US, but your topping looks soft like mine. they look delicious

Sweet as Coco said...

I love that you cut these into wedges! I didnt do the frosting because I loved the swirl look but I bet it was very tasty! Glad you enjoyed them!

natalia said...

Ciao ! I hated to cover the swirl too !!!

Teanna DiMicco said...

Oh man, I'd join you to eat the entire batch! They look great!

ostwestwind said...

You are a chocolate artist :-)

Looks great!

Ulrike @ Küchenlatein

Jeannette said...

beautiful brownies!

Eliana said...

Your brownies look gorgeous - especially the swirl.

Soy*Baby said...

So pretty. I love the triangles.

Melissa said...

I love how you cut them in triangles! So pretty!

Bella Baker said...

Your brownies look awesome!! I skipped the topping, but yours looks amazing...I'm kind of jealous of yours!! YUM!

Sarah said...

Your swirling is lovely! I'm glad you loved this one so much. I loved the cheesecake, but my brownie was most definitely moist... Great job!

Liz said...

Wow, you need to lend me some of your willpower, because I ALWAYS end up eating way too much of whatever sweets I've baked. Glad you loved them!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, Michelle - those are AMAZING looking brownies...I must, must make them! Your photos are great, too. You've been busy! I love your new blog look and the photos of your baked goodies - I need to get baking again. Love your blog (the pic of the kids on their first day of school is adorable).

TeaLady said...

Perfect swirl. Glad u liked them. I didn't care for the topping, but really enjoyed the rest of the brownies.

Unknown said...

Your brownies look amazing! I love that you cut them into little triangles. Mine didn't want to come out of the pan so I ended up with only a few whole brownies and lots of scraps :)

Kaitlin said...

Your swirls are gorgeous! I know what you mean, it seemed a shame to cover them up.