Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Fresh Peach Crisp

I had four peaches waiting to be eaten on my kitchen counter. There has not been any takers for three days now, so I decided to make this peach crisp. I can't tell you how good it tastes..trust me it's GOOD! I am a big fruit crisp fan so this was a delightful evening treat for me. See Recipe below. I have used this recipe over and over for many years. I cut it out of a Taste of Home Magazine years ago. It was a Midwest blue ribbon winner at the fair. It's proven itself over and over again to be a very GOOD tasting crisp. I hope you will give the recipe a try!
Before the oven...Piping hot out of the oven....
Peach Crisp
1 cup all-purpose flour
3/4 cup rolled oats
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
4 cups chopped peeled peaches(or any other fruit you desire)
1 cup white sugar
2 tbsp cornstarch
1 cup water
1 tsp vanilla extract
Vanilla ice cream, optional
In a mixing bowl, combine first four ingredients. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press half into a greased 2-1/2 qt. baking dish or a 9 inch square pan. Cover with selected fruit.
In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, water and vanilla; cook and stir until thick and clear. Pour over apples. Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Bake at 350* for about 1 hour . Serve warm with ice cream.
Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy!! Michelle

10 comments:

Melissa said...

That looks really, really good! Fruit crisps remind me of fall. Love it!

Eliana said...

This looks really, really, really, really yummy :)

Anonymous said...

YUM. I have not made a crisp or a cobbler this summer. Which is a shame.

Eleganza Strings/ The DeLadurantey Family said...

Yummy!

Patricia @ ButterYum said...

Well hi there flourchild... love the blog name!

I've been perusing your site... lots of yummy treats! Great blog!!!

Katrina said...

That peach crisp look de-lish!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting this! I've been making peach cobbler this summer, but this peach crisp recipe gives me a chance to switch things up a little bit.

Teanna DiMicco said...

I LOVE crisps... that one is so gorgeous! I may have to whip one up with some apples I have on hand...

Chats the Comfy Cook said...

Peach is my favorite crisp although I love apple and blueberry and cherry, as well.

This looks delicious.

2Wired2Tired said...

I made this last night. Wow! It was probably the best peach crisp I've every had! It was amazing. Thanks so much for sharing the recipe.

If you don't mind I plan on putting a link to your post in my blog today, to share it with others.