This weeks recipe selection is......
Perfect Pound Cake by Michelle of Veggie Num Nums Be sure to check out her awesome blog for the recipe and some great photos
http://www.veggienumnums.com/
I really wanted this recipe to turn out tasting good. It came together so easily and smelled so good baking. The loaf looked beautiful and it had the crack done the center Melissa talked about in her cookbook.

Sorry to say it tasted dry and wasn't as flavorful as I wished for.

I plan to get creative with some toppings and enjoy it that way!
20 comments:
Uh oh! It sure does look good even though it came out dry.
That's something I'm always afraid of with pound cakes. They usually are dry, so I end up making a trifle with them.
I'm sorry it didn't turn out the way that you wanted to. I left the butter out of mine, so I'm feeling slightly better that maybe it wouldn't have been that good anyway.
i thought it needed a bit more flavor too!
My pound cake was dry too. It also didn't have that extra punch that I was looking for. I guess I should have served the butterscotch topping with it but my family doesn't like that either. Anyway , yours looks perfect.
Have a great week!
oh yum! it looks good at least!
Sorry your pound cake wasn't that great, it does look nice though! I have to agree about it being too dry and not quite what I want from a pound cake. I thought if I tried it again with the buttermilk it'd be a winner but it still wasn't spot on. Oh-well, at least it was an easy recipe, right? On to SMS for next week, I'm excited about the orange scones :)
I didnt like it either.... So I made my own recipe because I wanted some good pound cake!
What a bummer that it turned out dry! Fortunately, it is one of those treats that you can still enjoy by topping it :) I think I erred on the side of undercooking just a tad in the hopes of avoiding a dry pound cake.
I thought it was a little dry, too. I thought that was maybe because I baked mine in the bundt pan. From what I am reading everyone is thinking it's a little dry.
Your cake looks wonderful, sorry it was so dry. Mine was dry too, but I thought I had overbaked it, I guess it was the recipe...
Sorry it wasn't your favorite, I found it a little lacking too. Looks beautiful nonetheless!
Sorry to hear this wasn't your favorite. I'm sure you can find some ways to add to the flavor-department :o) Reading your post made me decide not to bake the cake as-is (meaning, vanilla flavored only), so I tweaked it a bit. We liked it a lot!
Too bad you didn't like it as much. But I'm looking forward to seeing how you get creative with it.
Awh, it looks amazing despite the dryness!
Katie xox
its pretty at least?
This cake definately needed a "go with"; I had mine with tea and that helped the dryness at bit. Still, your cake looks fantastic.
Your pound cake looks awesome. too bad it was dry for you.
Hi,
Sorry your cake turned out a bit dry--it sure looks delicious though.
Thank you SO much for baking with me!!
Dryness - that's always my biggest problem when it comes to making poundcakes. I started making mine in a bundt pan to help overcome that. One recipe I had that was perfect as a loaf, though, called for a lemon sugar syrup to be poured over the loaf (after poking holes in the cake). That DID make for a nice, moist cake. And Martha Stewart's brown sugar pound cake is out of this world.
Better luck next time. I can't tell you how many different pound cake recipes I've gone through!
Post a Comment