Search This Blog

Sunday, September 20, 2009

SMS Orange Scented Scones

This week, September 20 SMS recipe: Orange Scented Scones by Robin of Lady Craddock's Bakery. Please check out her wonderful blog for the recipe and great pictures! http://www.ladycraddocksbakery.blogspot.com/ I like my scones plain or with butter...
Any flavor of jam is good.... Thank you Robin for this awesome selection of recipes. I love scones and bake them frequently in the fall. I was excited to try these because I have never had Orange scones. I had no problems with making the recipe, it was simple and they came together perfectly. I added a little bit more orange zest then Melissa called for and I could really taste the orange flavor. I also added some orange zest too the glaze..it was wonderful!
I will add this to my bake again list!
Tea and scones anyone!?
Mixing the dough...
It's turning orange..... The dough rolled out nicely... Cut into pie wedges, ready to bake.... Right out of the oven... PLEASE SEE PRALINE-APPLE BREAD RECIPE BELOW. IT'S TO GOOD NOT TO TELL YOU ABOUT IT!!

21 comments:

Nina said...

Oh, very nice scones and history lesson. That was quite interesting =].

Kayte said...

These look so good, and it's breakfast time, and I would really really like one and that photo with the jam on it is to die for! I don't make scones nearly enough. I need to rectify that immediately...going there now!

Sarah said...

Your scones look great! I really loved these, too, and will definitely be making them again.

Mrs. G said...

Yummy looking scones! I plan in having one with some tea a little later.

Kaitlin said...

Mmm. I didn't try mine with butter, but I can imagine how good they would taste with butter and apricot jam, and I'm practically salivating! Yum.

Melissa said...

Your scones look really good! I like the zest in the glaze.

Anonymous said...

Your scones look great. Once I get some oranges, I'm going to make the original recipe.

Julie said...

Your scones look good. The jam is a great addition and I like the zest in the glaze! Yummy!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to have to slather some butter on mine in the morning -- what a great idea. Yours, of course, look gorgeous, as always!

The Food Librarian said...

These scones look wonderful! I would love one for breakfast...or lunch or dinner! :) - mary

Lulu the Baker said...

Your scones look beautiful. I hadn't thought about putting butter on them, but that would be good. How about orange blossom honey butter?! My mouth is watering just thinking about all the delicious butter possibilities! And as for the praline apple bread, I would eat almost anything with gooey butterscotch sauce poured over the top!

Rosy said...

I love the pic of your tea party! Too cute. Scones and tea are a perfect combo for a crisp autumn day x

Anonymous said...

yummy looking scones. i haven't baked mine up yet. busy busy weekend but i shall be baking them up because everyone's look so good!

Eliana said...

Your scones look just PERFECT!!!

Shelby said...

I love scones for breakfast! These sound awesome. Bet the smelled wonderful baking too!

Katiecakes said...

Mine are FINALLY up ;)

Tea and scones are two of my very favorite things. Nom!

Katie xox

Barbara Schieving said...

I love all the butter and jam you slathered on the scones! Yum!

Fit Chick said...

I am so glad you enjoyed this recipe. Your scones looked yummy and I love your brilliant cut sugar bowl. Thanks for baking along with me this week.

Hanaâ said...

Oooooh, your scones look delicious, especially with that large dab of butter and a generous helping of jam! Love the visible strands of orange zest in your scones.

margot said...

They look wonderful, I especially like the tea and scones photo, too perfect! Glad you enjoyed them.

Shandy said...

What beautiful scones! The scones were really good weren't they? I love your teacup, just too pretty.

Canning was a lot of work but I am down to my last box of Granny Smith apples...Yay! My sister was such a big help and this was her first time canning. Proud moment for us!