I used Choke Cherry Jam, Apricot Jam and Lemon Curd for my fillings!
I love my new rolling pin..it really rolls the dough out smoothly!
I think these are so ugly..I tried to make them pretty but failed!
It's Tuesday ,September 22 and time for TWD !Thank you- Jacque of Daisy Lane Cakes who decided on Cottage Cheese Pufflets, on pages 148 and 149. I was a little freaked out of the thought of cottage cheese in any type of cookie, muffin, scone or Pufflet dough. I was pleasantly surprised when I Bit in to one. If you told me you put Cottage cheese in them I would be.. like ...RIGHT!
The second batch seeped a little more filling out then the first...still good though! I thought these tasted a lot like the toaster strudels my son eats for breakfast. I like the taste of these they just melt right in your mouth. The Choke Cherry filled ones were my favorite. They were hard to make for me. The dough was very fragile and putting the filling on and sealing was messy!
I started getting my Fall decorations out and found my favorite one! I love this! Well I have to admit this dough did scare me some!
31 comments:
I tried lemon curd too. Loved it but my family liked chocolate better.
Choke Cherry Jam...is that something you made? Sounds interesting.
Those look delicious! I love the pumpkin, I need to get one too. Have a great week.
hahahaha great decorations!!
i didn't make the pufflets this week. the cottage cheese just icked me out a bit. BUT i'm sure i'll end up trying them anyhow! :)
Well...I didn't make the pufflets this week. But I can't stop thinking about that bread you made! I'm so psyched to try it!
Wonderful fillings for wonderful pufflets !
I am hoping my folks send some choke cherry jam... they have promised some so I am waiting - patiently (sort of).
These pufflets scare me with the sticky dough. Looks like you were able to get them rolled out and they look great!
Thanks for sharing.
Oh my, Michelle - I think those look BEAUTIFUL! So flaky and full of good things. The cottage cheese would have made me nervous, too - glad to here it worked so well...probably added a like of moisture to the dough. I'm gonna have to work up the time to make these one day - I'm absolutely certain they are much better than toaster pastries!!!
I bet I would have loved these with lemon curd! I had a similar experience...thought these were tough to make, not too pretty, but tasted delicious!!
I have a pre-teen, so I shouldn't be too scared of anything either!
Except this dough - it gave me fits!
Interesting filling choices. I have half a batch of dough leftover and need to make it tonight. I'm thinking of rolling it out in a circle, brushing on honey and sprinkling it with toasted pecans and cinnamon and then rolling them up, crescent roll style. I thought the dough has a nice texture when baked but mine didn't puff up.
Wow, yours turned out great! I wish I'd tried some with lemon curd, I bet it was delicious!
Your pufflets turned out fab! I like the sound of the lemon curd ones.
Our friend who was over and had the Reese one I made said they'd be good with some kind of lemon. Great call! I think yours are not ugly and look good. Yep, a very surprising dough.
And--what kind of bread is that?
Oh, see, I'm a few posts behind--now I see the praline apple bread--hello, sounds de-lish! Looks gorgeous. Yum!
Your Cottage Cheese Puffs look really great! I agree with you about the dough being difficult to work with - not sure if I would try it again.
I love the You Can't Scare Me Pumpkin...LOL...yep, that would be summing it up here with Alex! Your pufflets look great...and what is choke cherry jam? Never heard of that one but if it is made with cherries, I love that idea. It was fun picking different jams to go inside.
Yay for fall decorations! I didn't think about it, but these pufflets do taste like a breakfast toaster strudel. Sounds like a good reason to have cookies for breakfast!
great choice of fillings and it looks like you got quite a few that were really "puffed"!
I made mine with blackberry jam and Nutella, together. Also tossed a few chopped toasted hazelnuts inside each for good measure. They turned out delicious. Love your pumpkin!
I would never have thought to put cottage cheese in dough either, but these were surprisingly tasty. All of the fillings you used sound delicious!
I think your pufflets are puuuuurty!! Love the jams you used! And the sign - LOL! I'm thinking they need a sign like that for just about every age, come to think of it. Your bread looks great too!
Beautiful pufflets, that jam sounds wonderful! That bread looks amazing too, fall really gets you in the mood to bake, doesn't it?
These look so yummy!
I think your pufflets are very pretty! And the fillings all sound delicious, especially lemon curd.
My son eats toaster strudel for breakfast every morning too. I have to admit I like them too.
Anyway, your fillings all sound wonderful... wish I'd have tried more. I guess I was too busy fighting with the dough.
I'm glad you liked them and thanks for baking along this week.
I think your pufflets are cute. I love when the jam spills out of them. These were a pain but yummy.
The dough was hard to work with but your choice of fillings is superb! Yum!
I love your fillings! They look delicious!
choke cherry sounds delicious! i love that rollng bin--beautiful!
That bread is a winner. It is a beauty. Is it as good as it looks?
All of your fillings sound delicious! I wish I'd used lemon curd in mine. I agree the dough was a little scary but it looks like you emerged victorious. :)
Post a Comment