Search This Blog

Sunday, August 9, 2009

SMS Scrumptious Snickerdoodles

I'm still on cloud 9 after watching Julie & Julia. What a charming movie. I am going to be first in line when the DVD comes out! OK! On to Sweet Melissa Sunday and Scrumptious Snickerdoodle cookies!
Thanks Spike for this Sundays recipe selection. What can I say other then I love Snickerdoodles and probably have made them over 20 times in my life. I have an 11 year old son who could eat massive amounts of these cookies, if I'd let him! This recipe proved to be another great Snickerdoodle recipe. Easy to throw together and the end results were so tasty.
My girl friend gave me this great oven mitt after going to NYC..it's perfect for grabbing those hot cookie sheets!
Ready to bake...
Hot and fresh out of the oven!We have had some cool days here in Idaho. The normal weather for this time of year is around the high 80s. Well get this for three days we have had the high at 67 and the low at 42 in the morning. I have had the urge to bake more, because it's so darn cool..like a crisp fall day!

20 comments:

Nina said...

I love that mitt. It's just so cute. =]

Lauren said...

Great job this week! I am envious of your crisp fall day!... also of you viewing J&J!!!! I can't wait to see that movie :)

Unknown said...

I loved J&J too! I'll be right there in line for the DVD with you :) Your cookies look great - I really enjoyed these.

Michele said...

Your cookies look delicious!

spike. said...

Thanks for baking with me. I bet your son was happy to have his fav cookies!

Mrs. G said...

Love the mitt! Send some of that cool weather down South

Jessica said...

Those cookies look excellent, Michelle! A high of 57 in August? I can't even imagine it. I can't wait to see what other baking projects this weather brings on.

k.a.r.e.n said...

Scrumptious indeed! I loved this recipe. I've lived in NYC all my life and have never seen that mitt! It's so cute.

Jennifer said...

We are loving these cookies for sure!!! :)

Ummm send some of that cool weather here!!!

margot said...

I like the big crackles on your cookies, they look great! And so was Julie and Julia!

Kaitlin said...

This summer's weather is definitely very, very strange. Not very summery. I'm glad you enjoyed this recipe, especially since you've had so many previous occasions to compare it to.

Sarah said...

Your cookies look great! I thought these were really delicious, I'm sure this won't be the last time I make them. I can't wait to see Julie & Julia - I'm reading the book right now and really loving it.

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle!

Your cookies look delectable! Great job :) I'm so jealous you went to see "Julie and Julia"- I was supposed to go on opening day, but my plans fell through. I am really looking forward to getting to the theater, and I'm so glad to hear that you loved it. Makes me all the more excited knowing you gave it two thumbs up! Thanks for the review.

Hope to talk to you again soon!

-Joy

Sihan said...

those looks phenomenal! and i soo love snickerdoodles too! super duper jealous that you got to watch julie and julia already! can't wait...

Anonymous said...

I never knew there was so much love for snickerdoodles until I made them this weekend. People are loving them! Your cookies look great.

Cakelaw said...

Can't wait til Jule and Julia comes out here. Your cookies look delish.

Stephanie said...

I'm so jealous of your beautiful cool weather! Here in Florida, it is just TOO-TOO hot! Your cookies look delish! I can't wait to go see Julie & Julia as well, I'm glad to have read yet another good review!

Karin said...

I so want to see that movie! I've heard great things about it. Can you send some cool weather to the East Coast? The heat index was 105 yesterday!

Fit Chick said...

Seeing J&J tomorrow, love your oven mitt. Yummy looking cookies, glad they were an easy recipe. Send some crisp weather down here please!

Katrina said...

Great cookies. My husband took me to see J&J Sat. night--LOVED IT! I want more Julia--played by Meryl Streep. I want to see a movie that continues on with her life in TV and such.
I haven't gone to a grown up movie in YEARS, this was a great one to break that cycle!