My son saw this cool cook book at the library and had to check it out!
This morning we made Bootna Classic Waffles....
He really loved them...
Yummmmm Give me some more!
He is all ready looking for a recipe to make for lunch!
I thought the BEST part of this recipe was the Banana Butter....
WAFFLES:
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tbsp. baking power
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp brown sugar
3 large eggs
2 tbsp melted butter
1 1/2 cups milk
1 tsp vanilla
Banana Butter:
4 tbsp butter, at room temperature
1 tsp sugar
1 ripe banana
1/2 cup crushed pistachios, walnuts and pecans( I just used pecans)
1/4 tsp cinnamon.
DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat waffle iron
2. In a large bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs, butter,milk and vanilla, then pour into the dry ingredients
4. Mix the batter and pour into the waffle iron.
5. Combine all the banana butter ingredients and mix until light and fluffy.
6. Spread the bb on the warm waffles and enjoy!
4 comments:
How fun! My son is totally into Star Wars right now - so he'll love it if I make these for him.
How funny!
How fun! I think it's so cool that your son found this book and now you guys are trying recipes together. What summer fun!
Whatever gets them interested in eating, I am all for it! It does look like a tasty waffle.
Post a Comment