Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Yummy Baked Oatmeal

I have always wanted to try baked oatmeal and this morning I did. It was super easy to make and tastes so good.
I broke it up after baking and stored it in this zip lock bag. It's in the refrigerator ready to grab and eat. I crumbled up the baked oatmeal and put it over my regular bowl of oatmeal and blueberries. It was super yummy and nice to have the different textures together.
Here is the recipe!
Preheat oven to 350* 3 cups of oats 1 cup of brown sugar ( I used less sugar) 2tsp of ground Cinnamon 2tsp of baking powder 2tsp of vanilla 1tsp salt 1/2 cup of melted butter 2 eggs 3/4 cups of diced apples or raisins, I added 2 tbs of flax seed
Directions : in a large bowl mix : oats, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking powder and salt Then beat in eggs, melted butter, and vanilla stir in apples or raisins. dump into a 9x13 pan and cook for 40 minutes

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I need to do this. Great idea.

Hindy said...

Ooo. I've never heard of this. I eat oatmeal every morning. I'm goin to give it try. Thanks!

welcometomyfrontporch said...

Okay, now this I can do! I will have to do this. I would probably just snack on it during the day. Thanks for the recipe!

Audrey said...

I've always wanted to try this too! But I never really understood how it 'worked.' Thank you so much for previewing it - definitely making it now.