For the past 5 years I have entered baked goods at our local fair. Our fair is definitely a small town fair with an old fashioned feel. I love to bake and see if I can win a ribbon! I have won four blue ribbons for oatmeal cookies and a few pies. I received the grand rosette for my homemade oreos! We are upon the fair season again! I have until Aug. 12 to decide what I want to bake. I'm excited to see what this year will bring!
5 comments:
That is so cool. I participate in my State Fair too, and it's always so much fun. I have to admit, it's even more fun when you win a ribbon. I have until Aug 11 to decide what to enter. It's the hardest thing ever. Last year I won 4 blue ribbons. We'll how this year goes. I sure set a high bar for myself there. Let me know how it goes and what you decide to enter.
Maybe we can exchange 1 blue ribbon recipe and see how it does in each other's State Fair contest. Let me know if you'd be interested. My email is HanaasKitchen at live dot com.
Could you leave me another comment with your email address? I'll try to email you. I couldn't find your email address on your blog.
I am thinking of entering the PB cookies. We'll see which recipe wins after I take them to work tomorrow :o)
Michelle, please try emailing me again at HanaasKitchen@live.com. Otherwise, send me your email address via a comment on my blog. Talk to you soon.
Cool! Can't wait to see what you make this year.
That sounds like so much fun - to enter in a fair. How do you decide what to make. I don't think I could get that decision made.
Good luck this year.
Post a Comment