Search This Blog

Sunday, June 21, 2009

SMS Butterscotch Cashew Bars

First off I have to say Happy Fathers day to all the fathers out there! I'm so fortunate to have a wonderful dad and a husband who is the best father to our kids! Happy happy day to you!
This weeks SMS is Butterscotch Cashew Bars by Pamela of Cookies with boys! Thank you Pamela for choosing these bars. Be sure to check out her wonderful blog!!
I had to get a picture of me in my new apron. I call it my Sweet Melissa apron! Can you see the cute little bumble bees!?Here is the beginning of the bars...
The dough was super easy to spread in the pan...They came out of the oven nicely. I did not have any cashews so I used walnuts instead. I did not use the parchment paper and left the bars in the pan. They slid out perfectly from the pan.The best part..eating this fantastic wonderful tasting bar. It was so tasty with the walnuts. I'm curious to see what it tastes like with the cashews.... I can't sign off with out showing you the cherry pie we made Steven for Fathers day. My daughter did the art work..you can't see it very well, but it's Narato, some Japanese cartoon they watch Thanks again Pamela for choosing a great recipe. My family says THANKS too..they love this dessert!

17 comments:

Shelby said...

Hi Michelle! Thanks for stopping by...I have been so busy since returning to work and my personal life has become even busier! I haven't done TWD since my surgery because I just didn't have the energy (and because I wasn't able to exercise put on some pounds...grr). I'm happy to report I am back to the gym this week and my recovery is going great and hope to take the pounds off!

Your cashew bars look so tempting and I love the photos of you below that with the apron!

Every Day Blessings said...

Love the cute apron.Now you can bake with confidence! I didn't bake this week, my family doesn't like butterscotch and I knew that I would be eating them alone.Yours looked yum and it sounds like your family really liked them.Tell your kids a great job on the cherry pie!

Jessica said...

What an adorable apron! I remember thinking how cute it was when you first posted about it. I'm an apron fanatic -- I love them. The bars look absolutely delicious and the Father's Day cherry pie is adorable!

Stephanie said...

Mmm, I agree this recipe was a winner! Yours looks like it came out perfect!

Unknown said...

I love your apron! It's so adorable! Great job on the bars - they look perfect. I used walnuts too, though I used them in combination with almonds.

Megan said...

Love the apron! I wish I had thought to make a few changes to the bars, and actually make them. They look really great!

Jessica of My Baking Heart said...

Cute apron! Your bars look lovely! :)

Michele said...

Your bars look really yummy and your pie is gorgeous! You are so cute in your apron. Have a great Father's Day!

k.a.r.e.n said...

Walnuts sounds like a good idea too! Your bars look great.

Pamela said...

Love the crust on the pie! Especially the DAD that's there in pie crust dough!! Too cute, just like the apron. :o) Thanks for baking along with me!

Shandy said...

Great bars Michelle! I love your apron, simply adorable. Larry, my hubby, and his kids love Naruto too. I have actually watched a few episodes and they can be addictive =). Hugs, Shandy

Mary said...

I have apron envy..I need to get myself one of those!

Lulu the Baker said...

I love your apron; it's adorable! And I'm glad you liked the butterscotch bars. It seems I'm the only person who didn't like them, which makes me thing I did something wrong!!

Michelle said...

These bars were good!

Katrina said...

Yum to the cherry pie and fun decor! The nut bars look de-lish!

Anonymous said...

Hi Michelle!

Your bars came out fabulous, and you look simply adorable in that apron- too cute! The only problem is that I would never want to get it dirty... haha :)

I'd love for you to stop by my site if you have a chance to check out my bars as well! Hope to talk to you again after this Sunday's recipe postings!

-Joy

Anonymous said...

It is interesting to see the cookies with walnuts. I tried them with the cashews and the taste is WOW!

I will have a try at it with the walnuts.