A big thanks to one of my favorite foodie friends Andrea of Nummy kitchen. I have got to know Andrea through TWD and SMS. I love her blog and really enjoy seeing what she is up to in the kitchen. She is a fantastic cook and baker. Please check out her blog ....
Andrea chose this weeks Sweet Melissa's Recipe of Bear's Peach Cobbler on pgs. 154-155. I was very excited to try this amazing sounding recipe. I have always loved cobblers and I love peaches!
The Cobbler dough ready to roll .....
Fresh peaches ready to peel and slice....
Cutting out the dough .....
Peaches ready ....
Hot and fresh out of the oven....



My family and I liked this recipe. I would cut the sugar back to a 1/4 of a cup rather then 3/4 of a cup. I thought it was way to sweet. My husband loved it and thought the sweetness was perfect. My kids agreed with me! I thought this dish tasted great served warm with whipped cream! Thanks again Andrea for the great pick!
23 comments:
Your cobbler looks great!
Looks perfect with the whipped cream on top! We loved it, too.
It looks delicious, Michelle! I took your advice and cut back on the sugar and I loved it.
My running is taking off again, slowly but surely. I'm signed up for a couple of races and I'm getting back into the groove. Thanks for the running support -- it's a huge motivation.
That looks delicious!
Great pictures - and I love the ruffled cutter you used.
Looks great, especially with the whipped cream on top.
Michelle, thank you for baking along with me this week! Your cobbler looks perfect, I love the fluted biscuits :) I also love peaches and cobblers, they are so homey and comforting. Good call on reducing the sugar next time!
Your cobbler looks fantastic! I really like the plates, too, they're so pretty!
What a gorgeous cobbler! I thought about making some whipped cream for the top but was lazy and went with ice cream instead :) I love that biscuit cutter you used - where did you get it? I agree with you on the sweetness - I would cut back on the sugar next time too.
I finally got around to making this and loved it , I have posted now. I wanted something to make for Sunday lunch since my girls have been gone to camp. It was easy and delicious. I took your advise and decreased the sugar in the peaches but only to 1/2 cup and thought it was perfect. This is something I will make again.
Your cobbler looks great! I don't know why fruit recipes always have so much sugar - I usually leave it out entirely...
Yours looks delicious! We loved the recipe, too.
Your biscuits look so nice and fluffy! I liked it this one a lot, but agree that it probably could have don with a bit less sugar.
I love the whipped cream on top and your cut biscuits look great. I used less sugar too.
I really love your scalloped edges - very pretty. As for the rain, yes, we are getting a pretty steady amount lately!
Beautiful Cobbler Michelle. I could not make mine as a full dessert because there are not enough people to eat it all. That is why I made the individual ones. I so miss talking more with you. I graduate college next month and my last day of class is August 3rd. Then I have a whole life waiting with more time to spend with friends! I can not wait and we will work on blog set-up if you are still interested by then. Miss you bunches and talk to you soon...promise. Oh yes, cold and hot, switching back and forth for the leg. That is what I was taught when I played mixed doubles softball and pulled muscles. They hurt like a son-of-a-gun...I know. Hope you are feeling better soon!
i love the way you cut the dough! so pretty!!
Yum! This looks fantastic. It's funny how people's tastes can differ when it comes to sweetness.
Your cobbler is lovely, and the plates are gorgeous!
Beautiful cobbler! Glad everyone liked it; your dishes are beautiful.
I love the biscuit cutter you used. Really cute!
Hi Michelle!
Your cobbler looks simply scrumptious. We were on the same page with the scalloped biscuit cutters- mine didn't quite retain their detailed shape as well as yours, though! I love the china you served your dessert on- a beautiful backdrop to a delicious dessert!
I wanted to introduce myself- my name is Joy and I'm a brand new blogger and SMS baker. I'd love for you to check out my site, and I look forward to getting to know you better during future weekly posts!
Looks so warm and yummy!
Post a Comment