This weeks recipe is Strawberry Shortcakes (p. 130) by Wendy of Pink Stripes! Thanks Wendy!
I have always loved Strawberry shortcake. It's such a refreshing spring like dessert. It has rained all week, so this was a welcome treat in our home.
This recipe did not require very much effort. A very tasty treat that didn't require a bunch of steps. 

I found the best strawberry's today at a local market.
Nothings better then homemade whipped topping.
Yummmmm is all I can say. My family was so pleased with this treat. We were all really quiet as we ate it tonight. It's been awhile since we could have dinner together(we were minus Dad but four together is good).My son is trying to cover his face , he said, "Oh mom not another picture"!

Can I add this is one of my favorite recipes I have made in a while. The flavor was incredible and I really loved the lemon zest. Thanks again Wendy for such a great choice!
18 comments:
How nice that everyone loved it - AND they were at the table at the same time! Quite an accomplishment, I must say ~
These were super easy, and perfect with any fruit -
Your china is so pretty! I'm glad that this gave you a nice, springtime break from all of the rain and that your family enjoyed it!
Oohhhh looks so yummy! I made strawberry shortcake a few days ago. I love it! :D
So pretty! I love the picture of your kids happily munching away!
Loved the photos with the kids. Glad everyone liked them. Your's puffed up nicely (mine did not - boo). I love the china!
Your kids loved it as much as mine did! My husband wasn't there either as he has been out of town all week.He doesn't have to worry It is a dessert that I will make again. Also... a great first dessert for the SMS.
That lemon zest was a really delicious addition, wasn't it!
This is on my list of favorites now as well, we just loved them!
Great post...I love your china...that is so beautiful..now I have a hankering for strawberry shortcake!
That looks really good.
I just discovered your blog today - and I really like the picture you have up at the top of your blog.
Mm looks good! So nice that you were able to get the fam together for a nice treat together - makes it so much more delicious and enjoyable, doesn't it?
Another successful shortcake!! They look delish!
I'm glad it was a success for you! I love the family pictures. Thanks for baking along with me this week.
That definitely looks like a crowd-pleaser! Yours looks like it turned out great and you've got to love a recipe that is so simple and so tasty.
Love the pictures with the kids! I thought this was a wonderful dessert too. So glad it was a hit with your family :)
great job, glad everyone enjoyed it!
Glad the whole family enjoyed it!
Love the bright red color of your strawberries and your china. Great shortcakes (nice and tall)!! I'm glad your family enjoyed them.
Post a Comment