Search This Blog

Thursday, May 7, 2009

The best Chai tea ever


A sweet friend of mine named Tona and I met in Boise where we became fast friends. We both loved Chai tea and spent many hours talking over tea while the kids played.
We tried many Chai tea brands and found this Big Train Chai to be the best! She moved to Denver and I moved to another town here in Idaho, but we still k.i.t and drink our tea!
I ordered this online through Amazon for 9.99 a can. It's a little pricey but I can not find it any where in town. I can get it at the local coffee shop but its 4.90 a cup! Anyways it came in the mail yesterday and it's perfect!

3 comments:

TeaLady said...

I never could find a commercial Chai tea I really liked so I now make my own mix. Try this one:
2 tsp ground cardamom
1 tsp ground nutmeg
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
1/2 tsp black pepper

Add 1/2 to 1 teaspoon (to taste)to 1 teaspoon black tea leaves in a brewing ball (although the paper tea filters work much better since the spices are small) and seep as for black tea.

Mermaid Sews said...

Ohh, I love chai so much, might have to try this if it doesn't have dairy in it.

The Wiegel family said...

MM
I love that chai tea too. I can not have a cup of chai without thinking of you too. Since my computer crashed, I have not been checking blogs b/c I lost the links but today I googled your name and yahoo found it!! See you in 5 weeks....chai please. I also make one similar to tealady but I use powdered milk and I grind it all.