Kim of Scrumptious Photography-Chocolate Cream Tart, pages 352 and 353 chose this weeks recipe. Thank you!
Oh my gosh has it been busy at my house. Three kids going all different directions. Two of them need me to taxi them around. One of them just got her first job as a swimming instructor for little children! She is so excited. I am thrilled for her too, she is so great with little kids! April and May are the busiest times for us. I did not want to miss this weeks TWD. We have a church function tonight and I had to make something, so I made it for that!
Dories shortbread pie crust....
I was pleased with the way it turned out. The crust was easy to make and the pie tasted good. I had a ton of left over filling so I made a mini tart and put the rest in the fridge for later.My mini tart!
My pie plate was empty after the church social and everyone said they enjoyed the tart. My husband and I split a slice and we both loved it. Steven really loved it!

21 comments:
So glad you enjoyed it and that the people you shared it with did, too!
As much as I love blogging about food I will definitely admit that there are times when the photo aspect can be a real drag. It's hard to snag those pictures when you have other things to do! It sounds like your pie was a big hit at the social and I'm glad that you and your husband enjoyed it too.
I've missed photo opportunities so many times - sometimes it's a big pain, especially when you're rushed (like I am most of the time!)
hey dearie.. the tart looks lovely! i'm glad you shared too. unlike the greedy me! i had a half portion of the half portion of course. OH MY GOSH!it's like having 1/4 of a tart. sheesh. got to hit the gym soon!
Your crust looks great, and I am sure the tart looked every bit as good as that crust. What is that they say about the proof of a great baker being in the crust? I think you scored! Very exciting about the swim lesson gig...Matt just got his first ones also this past week. He is happy to think of earning money from all this swimming he has done over the years. He has a lifeguarding job lined up part-time for the summer also. He swims for his team practice 6 hours a day in the summer, so he doesn't have a whole lot of extra time when you factor in meets and all. Wish her well and lots of students from us, okay?
Kayte
www.grandmaskitchentable.typepad.com
Wow your busy.
Sorry you didn't get many pictures.
So glad you loved it! I had a little filling left over too, but ate it like pudding LOL
Glad you actually got a piece of this! The crust looks like I could just eat that!
Sounds busy, that's for sure!! The tart looks great and it sounds like a success. I really enjoyed this one, too. The crust was great!
Glad everyone enjoyed it! I was not a huge fan of this one, but it seems that I am in the minority!
Glad your tart turned out so tasty! It's so hard to get good pictures sometimes!
I'm glad it was a success. Hopefully things have calmed down for you.
It was good wasn't it. Not too sweet, not to unsweet. Your little one looks perfect. And evidently the church people liked it too.
love the mini - don't forget to take more pics next time ;)
My problem is that I get into taking photos and H is hovering over me saying "can I eat it yet? Huh? HUH????" :)
i enjoyed reading your story, and it was nice to focus on the words and not be distracted by photos, you know? i know that sometimes i feel that photos can get in the way:) congrats to your daughter on her job as a swimming instructor--what fun!
i'm glad the tart was a hit with everyone:)
So glad you enjoyed the tart! I thought this was a really incredible chocolate recipe. Definitely a keeper!
Yeah! Glad it was enjoyed. I'm lousy about remembering photos.
Glad you liked it, I hate it when you forget those photos.
It looks great! Glad it was enjoyed by all!
I hate when I forget to take pictures! It looks great in the photo you did get and I'm glad it was enjoyed by everyone!
Post a Comment