Search This Blog

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Is this really a 5K

Sooo this weekend was my second race of the year. Idaho State University hosted a 5 K fun run . They are trying to raise money for a mobile dental hygiene chair. I picked my running buddy up at 9 am and we started the race at 9:30 am. I'm used to early morning runs so this was a little different. My goal was to run the 5k between 2o to 22 min. I started off running a great pace feeling fine and ready to roll. After about 3 miles I thought the finish line has to be close..well it was taking forever to get there. I looked at my watch and my stop watch time said 25 min. I'm like what the heck is going on..I can't be running slower then my last fun run. I kept on trucking and finally I could see the finish line. I crossed it and looked at my watch . It said 27 min. I was like no way was that 3.2 miles, it had to be longer. Well a friend of mine measured it and it was 4 miles. I was relieved! I don't know who measured that course but they sure freaked me out.

4 comments:

margot said...

You are fast! I ran an actual four-mile race today, and my boyfriend and I actually had a discussion about how annoying it is when miles aren't marked properly.

Eliana said...

You are so speedy! Congrats on the race.

Anonymous said...

How funny! They really should have measured out the course though.

Heidi said...

Great recipes. Congrats on the speedy running. I ran until I messed up my knee but didn't do any races.