It had to be magic that I actually got this cake baked! Thank you Holly of Phemomenon for choosing this weeks TWD recipe. Be sure to check her blog out for the recipe and some incredible pictures.
So this week has been super busy and it's only Tuesday. My husband is in Boise on a business trip. My daughter has soccer and track. My son has baseball every night and I got my first CASA case. I'm doing fine and I'm really not complaining. It's just busy!
My daughter Monique and I dropped Samuel off at baseball and she drove me to the grocery store so I could get a few ingredients for this recipe. Well you know I could not find the Amarettis and I was not about to go looking at different stores. I did a quick scan of the pepperidge farm cookies(that's about as fancy as I was gonna get) I settled for the Tahiti coconut.
We got home at 7:30 pm, I put all the stuff I had together to make this cake. I forgot to grab some almonds so I used pecans and half bittersweet and half white chocolate.
The cake was so sweet I only could eat a bite. I'm in training for two half marathons and five fun runs. My first is this Sat.. Sweets and running do not go well together and when I'm in training,it's flat out gross to eat!
My kids thought the torte was to rich. Steven will get to taste it when he gets home Thursday since all most ALL the entire torte will be left. 4/14/ noon.....OK I had to add I just looked at my torte and I decided to taste it again to see if it was better..and guess what it IS! I actually like it now..not LOVE but I like it today.
I had to show you the Easter Cookies my friend made for us. They tasted so good!

I leave you with these beautiful tulips! Happy Spring!
23 comments:
I love your use of the pepperidge farm cookies. I once ran out of lady fingers while making tiramisu and subbed milanos. I'm sorry that this cake wasn't a favorite in your house. Those Easter cookies are too cute! Good luck with your training and have fun!
You are one busy lady! Your torte looks yummy!
I really thought this one would taste good after reading your subs. I never would have thought to use PF cookies--that's really inspired!
Good luck in your marathons! I love your changes... sorry your kids weren't a fan! Those are some gorgeous Easter cookies!
Way to improvise.
Good luck training for your marathons! That is inspiring. Hmm. I am going to have to go find those cookies. they look yummy!
wow, great looking torte-and I like all the use of different ingredients!
The cookies are adorable...
Good luck with the marathon!!!
Good job improvising on the cookies! Sorry this wasn't your favorite - I didn't love it either. But I don't have the excuse of marathon training either - go you! Hope your hubs loved it (I actually did like it better on day 3 after it had been in the fridge for a while!)
I've been wanting to try the Tahiti cookies. Too bad the cake was too sweet.
First of all...GOOD LUCK with your training! And I love those cookies your friend made for you! They are adorable. Well, sorry the cake was too sweet, but at least you made it! Nice job.
Beautiful flowers, beautiful cookies, beautiful torte with that lovely little white spoke thing going on...really fun visiting...great job!
Good idea to try it with the different cookies. It's interesting how things taste different a day later!
Ah, another comrade who didn't fall head over heels in love. I'm so relieved.
Training for two marathons? I bow at your feet - that is just too impressive!
I thought the torte was too rich the first day and today I LOVED it. Weird huh? Yours looks so ooey gooey chocolatey good!!
That does look very rich and sweet. Love the decor on top. Surprised you had time to even think about making it.
Glad you were able to find time to bake the torte with us! It was a bit too rich for me too!
Those Easter cookies are so cute!!
The torte looks great! Good luck on your marathons :)
The cookies and tulips are gorgeous!
The cake wasn't as sweet with the amaretti and almonds, but it still might not have done it for you; admire that training regime!
Nancy
Your torte looks lovely but it is not for the weak of heart, to say the least.
Your chocky torte looks good - I like the icing twirls. Good luck in your marathon running.
Happy spring to you too! Love the tulips and the gorgeous cookies. I was salivating at the thought of a chocolate-coconut torte concoction, so sorry that you didn't love it. Two more chocolate desserts this month, so maybe one of them will do it for you.
please do send me some! i love the look of that tarte!
good luck with running! you are a trooper! are u still getting up so early!?
What gorgeous tulips, and your friend did an excellent job with the Easter cookies. I think your torte looks fabulous, and I'm so glad you liked it better after letting it sit; that's always a sweet reward!
Post a Comment