Search This Blog

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Rusty Joes Spring Runoff

This morning I was able to run in my first run of the spring. This race is super fun because we do not know the race location until the night before. They call everyone and reveal the secret location(or starting point for the race). We get maps on arrival on where the course is. This particular run was a 5k. The first 2 miles were up the hardest steepest hill I've ever ran up in my life. It was up and up and up I thought it would never stop! The last 1.2 miles were down hill and flat to the finish line. I had know idea what to expect from this run. I have not done a 5k for years. I am training for l marathons so I thought what the heck this should be OK. I am pleased with my first race of the season..I finished in third place out of the women. First place in my age group(40-49) out of men and women. And eighth over all with a time of 24:18! I am pumped cus that time is not bad for a big ugly stupid hill and first race of the year! I feel great and my legs are doing well. Next week is another 5K race and the course is flatter! My goal is 21 to 22 min.

5 comments:

Elyse said...

Great job!!

Cristine said...

Awesome! Great job! I'm so jealous! We don't have a lot of races over here. I am looking forward to getting back stateside so I can run more! :)

Every Day Blessings said...

My husband would love this! Sounds like a perfect day and thanks for the inspiration!

Jeannette said...

training to run a marathon was one of my goals for the year. and i just can't seem to figure out how to get into that training. aka: i suck at running lol. could you give some pointers, or just explain what it is that you do to train. it would help if you stated how you first started... cus that's me... square one. :)

flamegoddess65@aol.com

Eliana said...

I love bakers who are runners. I run too - will be running a half marathon this weekend. But I'm not nearly as fast as you. I'm proud back-of-the-packer.