Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

TWD Blueberry Crumb Cake

The sun was shining today so I took the BB cake outside for some pictures!
Thank you Sihan of Befuddlement for choosing this weeks TWD. She chose the Blueberry Crumb Cake on pages 192-193 in Dorie's cookbook from My home to yours.
This recipe was Dynamite. Do you remember the sitcom "Good Times"? I seriously would say it just like J.J. when describing this awesome cake.
First I have to brag on the gorgeous weather we are having today. It's 70* outside and feels so warm. I went outside and took a few snapshots of the neighborhood.
I could not resist putting up an Easter wreath and a few Easter decorations in the house.
Sorry I got sidetracked, back to the cake. I thought this recipe was easy to follow and fun to make. The crumb mixture is my favorite. It tastes wonderful and gives the cake an extra kick of sweet goodness!
I got this cute little new food processor. It work's great !Yum, fresh nut meg.... This crumb mixture is the best......
My family loves this cake too and I'm sure I will make it again!

32 comments:

Sihan said...

I'm so glad you loved it! was thinking how upset I was going to be when I hear you say it's a sucky recipe. *phew*. And yours looks so great... i wish mine had crumbs like yours. haha

Cristine said...

Your cake looks wonderful! And I am so jealous of your gorgeous weather... It's still in the 40s here. :(

Andrea at Nummy Kitchen said...

We had a little of that wonderful spring teaser weather as well last week, took the kids out for a wagon ride, it was so nice!

You cake looks lovely, glad that it was a favorite for your family. I liked the crumb topping the best too :)

p.s. love your new mini processor, don't tell, but I'm kind of waiting for my hamilton beach one to stop working so I have an excuse to buy a cuisinart!

Jessica said...

I love your Easter wreath! It's so cute. So glad that you loved the cake and you got to enjoy a little bit of warm weather!

Kayte said...

Oh, it looks so good, all crumbly and nice and beautiful. I am going to need to try again. Your other photos this week were lots of fun!

chocolatechic said...

OH...that bowl that you put your piece of cake in is gorgeous!

Cathy said...

Just a happy post all around -- delicious cake and sunny weather, what else do we need? I put out some bunnies last week (I think the day before St. Patrick's day) and my hubs said it was too early. I am going to show him your post and say "See! Michelle has her Easter decorations up!" Thanks for the backup :-) Love your cake!

Babette said...

Pretty cake...nice to see sunshine coming to the rest of the world (sez me from S. Florida where the recent rain was most welcome).

I am with you: crumb rocks.

Banjo said...

Dynamite is right!! Loved it!

Jennifer said...

Beautiful job!!!

NKP said...

Looks great! Congrats on the new mini chopper!

Cindy said...

I'm new at TWD the crumb cake was delish!! I made muffins--I had to give them to the neighbors so I wouldn't eat them all! You have a fun blog. I'm enjoying it!

Pamela said...

This was definitely a delicious cake that I will be making again. Enjoy the Spring weather!

Unknown said...

I love your sweet lil food mini processor. How adorable. Good job with the cake. I am happy you are having nice weather. Also, I really need to try using fresh nutmeg soon!

Snooky doodle said...

looks delicious. i love to take a bite :)

Anonymous said...

Glad you liked it. I agree that it's dy-no-mite!

Ivette said...

Your cake came out great! I think this is a great recipe and I will definitely be making it again soon.

dharmagirl said...

oooh, the sunshine and blue sky and 70 degree temperatures sound wonderful! your cake looks delicious, and i love your easter decorations. i have one of those mini preps too, and it's sooo handy and doesn't require much storage space--i hope you like it as much as i do:)

margot said...

Your cake looks lovely, just like the picture in the book. Cute Easter decorations!

Every Day Blessings said...

The cake looks yum!
I did try the breakfast mix in my oatmeal and loved it. I love the berry thing and it was great. It gave my oatmeal just a little crunch.
I love your wreath and bunny!
We had spring break 2 weeks ago. It has been on/off good weather here. Yesterday,we had 60 mile and hour winds and they were predicting big storms but they all blew over. Today it was windy and cool! But we have shed our winter coats. Just wearing light jackets now.
blessings,
Debbie

Michelle said...

I love the green trimmed vintage china...just gorgeous. And your cake is gorgeous too.

But the china...I just love dishes.

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Look at how tall and beautiful your cake is! And those crumbs really are the best part. Great pictures; we've had lots of warm weather too. For years the only fp I had was a mini. I've used it for everything (and still do).
Nancy

Erin said...

Your cake looks great! I can't wait for more spring weather either!

TeaLady said...

Cake looks moist and yummy!! Aren't you glad for spring weather. Here in the deep south it is now raining, but the cool mornings are wonderful. Keep it like this, give me a good cake to bake and I will be a happy camper.

Welcome to our crazy blessed life said...

Looks delicious! I love taking pictures outside of my dishes! So yummy!

The Food Librarian said...

Your cake looks great! I love that mini food processor too!! :)

Lillian said...

It was delicious, wasn't it? And spring weather is always so welcome when it comes.

Engineer Baker said...

Oh sooo jealous - it's supposed to snow here tomorrow :( Your cake looks wonderful!

Liz said...

So glad that you loved the cake! Your pics look delicious.

Shari said...

This was a great cake! Yours looks delicious.

Sweet as Coco said...

wow your crumb topping is so crumbly I love it!! It was DYNOMITE!! I love that you are putting up easter decor....I still need to get some!

Leslie said...

That cake looks delicious! I love the natural light photos! It's 70 here today and I have the windows open...it seems like forever since we could hear the birds sing.