I did it!! I finished my 30 complete hours of training to become a CASA(Court Appointed Special Advocate) volunteer. Tonight is the night Judge Murry swears us nine CASA volunteers in. If you are not familiar with CASA it is a group of volunteers who are appointed by a judge to represent a abused or neglected child in court. We are to gather objective information and write a report for the courts. Our report is a major part of the child's case. The report can help the judge in making the best choices for the child. I am basically the child's voice.I'm so excited to get my first case and do my part to help abused or neglected child.
Today my husband came home at lunch and showered me with these wonderful gifts. He is so thoughtful !
He got me roses...
A card and coffee gift certificate...
I love this place...
Fun Balloons...
Thank you Steven, I couldn't ask for a sweeter man..you are the LOVE of my life!
4 comments:
You better keep that guy - he is too sweet...probably from all the good cookies and treats you make for him!! The roses are so pretty, and the gift card sounds like the perfect gift for you - I know how you love those lattes!! Congrats, and have a blast tonight...Sally
What a cool thing to do, I have never heard of this but do know there are lots of kids out there who need extra love.
I agree, that husband of yours is a keeper!!!!
Congratulations!
That is a very thoughtful hubby! Good catch! Looks like a fun night with your friends and family!
Congratulations on so a wonderful accomplishment! I'm so glad that he has shown you how proud he is of you. You'll enjoy the lattes!
Post a Comment