Search This Blog

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Antiques and Grandma.

My grandma and grandpa..... This is the gold mirror she had hanging in her foyer, it's now in my foyer. I'm taking the picture!
My Grandparents have been gone for 13 years now. I still think of them and miss them. My grandma loved her furniture and loved making her home so pretty. I was so blessed to have inherited some of her gorgeous antiques.
They left me two of these chairs. The fabric is the original fabric. I love these chairs...
My Grandma loved roses and she had these painted for her. They are not prints!This hutch holds all the silver ware she left me. This was hers too.Her crystal wear was so nice and the china she left me is lovely.I also got her great china set. I treasure itThis chair was one of my favorite Chair to sit in when I would come over to see my grandparents. I put her little fur muffler on top!I know these are just material items and will never replace them but I'm so thankful I have them to treasure!

11 comments:

Shelby said...

It is so nice you have so many things of your grandmother's and one day you will be able to pass them on! I know what you man it can't replace them...but I have things of my nanny's (some are handwritten recipes) that I will cherish because it is a piece of her I can still hold.

Pamela said...

What wonderful treasures you have from your Grandparents! There's nothing like heirlooms from family, full of so many wonderful memories!

Every Day Blessings said...

You are so lucky to have all these special treasures. They are beautiful!I love the fact that you have special memories of your grandparents and can pass that along to your children, What a gift.
Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

hey Michelle! how are you?! i love the yellow chair! and though the furniture is great, there's nothing like having our grandparents around.
haven't been on group recipes for a while. been so busy with other projects and i really need to hire an assistant! it's so hard managing so much!

tamilyn said...

I absolutely love the gold/white chair-it is beautiful! My grandparents have been gone just over a year and it doesn't seem possible. There was just one thing that I wanted from their house; unfortunately it went to my uncle-a beautiful secretary desk that I spent every summer at playing with all the fun stuff she kept in there. I do have some photos and knick knack's see left for me. I think it is wonderful that you have such beautiful reminders around you each day.

Maria said...

What fun treasures you have!! I love family heirlooms!

Lady Baker said...

my favorite things are from my grandmothers and my mom who all are gone now..there's just something so comforting about having them around my own home...Love the pieces you have! They're truly lovely!

Audrey said...

All of your treasures are so beautiful! I don't have any furniture from my grandma but I do have her pearls, and everytime I wear them I feel like I still have her close by.

AmyRuth said...

It is lovely that you appreciate the memories and the items from your grandmother that you both loved. That's really special. Enjoy them as well as the memories.
AmyRuth

La Bella Cooks said...

What absolutely gorgeous treasures. I love receiving family heirlooms as well as they always have a special place in your heart. Your home looks lovely and so comforting!

welcometomyfrontporch said...

I love LOVE all those pieces. I look forward to getting some of grandparents' things. My mom's mother has been the woman I admire. She could do everything and yet her home was so cute and very victorian. Glad you can enjoy the treasures passed down to you and keep the memories alive.