After making Dories sugar cookies I wanted to share this recipe. This is my very favorite sugar cookie recipe. It was a perfect snowy day to bake so here you go.....
2 cups flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
6 tbs. margarine or butter 1/3 cup butter flavor crisco
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 tbs milk
1 tsp vanilla Frosting from a jar or your own favorite recipe( I think the homemade style vanilla flavor from the jar is the best and its quick and easy! Sprinkles or what ever you want to put on the frosting
Directions:
Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Beat the margarine and crisco until smooth.
Add sugar and beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Add flour mixture ; beat until well mixed.
Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour or until easy to handle. Roll out the dough and cut with favorite cookie cutters.
Place on cookie sheet and bake at 375* for 7 to 8 min. Do not over cook or they will not be soft.
.
2 cups flour1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
6 tbs. margarine or butter 1/3 cup butter flavor crisco
3/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 tbs milk
1 tsp vanilla Frosting from a jar or your own favorite recipe( I think the homemade style vanilla flavor from the jar is the best and its quick and easy! Sprinkles or what ever you want to put on the frosting
Directions:
Combine flour, baking powder and salt. Beat the margarine and crisco until smooth.
Add sugar and beat until fluffy. Add egg, milk and vanilla; beat well. Add flour mixture ; beat until well mixed.
Chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour or until easy to handle. Roll out the dough and cut with favorite cookie cutters.
Place on cookie sheet and bake at 375* for 7 to 8 min. Do not over cook or they will not be soft.
.
6 comments:
wow.. back with a vengence. THat's pretty fast for a comparision. Nonetheless, they must taste better if you say so! if only... i could get a bite. haha.
LOVE the pictures! Sugar cookies are my favorite to decorate and this time of year I love baking!!
I had this open to leave you a comment last night and exhaustion took over. I fell asleep on the couch here at 7:30 PM!! Your cookies look great Jess!
This is one delicous blog. It just have a warning label..If dieting DO NOT ENTER Hugs, Jen
you must be in a cookie making mode this week! I'll have to try these. They look yummy.
Beautiful...such lovely cookies!
Post a Comment