Search This Blog

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

TWD Buttery Jam Cookies

Thank you Heather of Randomosity and the Girl for choosing this weeks TWD Buttery Jam Cookies. Please check out her blog for the recipe.
I was a little concerned the dough was to sticky or something...it just didn't seem right.... But not to worry it ended up being fine!
These cookies were so easy to make and I loved the taste. I have never had cookies with jam in them , only on the thumbprint cookies, with the jam on top. I used my grape jam my uncle gave me last summer. He makes the best jam and it was quite tasty in these cookies. I thought they had the right amount of sweetness to them. My two teenage daughters smeared their cookies with vanilla frosting left over from the sugar cookies. They thought that was the best way to eat these cookies!
The cookies were soft and melted in your mouth. I will most likely make these again. I have enjoyed all of these cookies the TWD group has been making. It's really a blast to see every ones creations.

22 comments:

Cristine said...

Looks great and I'm sure they were extra delicious with the frosting!

Shelby said...

These were Grumpy's favorite because they were soft!

Engineer Baker said...

Grape jam and frosting - awesome :) I would never have thought to frost these, but sugar goes well with everything, right?

vibi said...

WOW! I love the cookies, especially frosted....but I also looooove that tree!

Sabrina said...

They look good and I love the tree! Very cute!

chocolatechic said...

I wondered if someone would make them with grape.

Yours look wonderful

Maria said...

I bet the grape jam was nice in these cookies. They look great!

Cathy said...

Glad that you liked these -- yours look great! Grape sounds really good! I think I would have spread some frosting on mine right there along with your daughters -- I thought they needed a little extra something, and I think your daughters had the right idea!

Kimberly Johnson said...

Your cookies turned out great! I love them in the little tree.

Kayte said...

They look really great...and my two teenage sons did the same thing with the icing! Ah, to be young again...LOL!
www.grandmaskitchentable.typepad.com

kimberly salem said...

yum, they look great! homemade grape jam must have been delicious :)

NKP said...

So happy you guys loved them. Your little cookie tree is adorable!

dharmagirl said...

yum! i love your presentation in the first photo--what an adorable christmas tree!

Jacque said...

Oooh, grape jam sounds yummy!

I'm with you, I've never had cookies with jam, or at least not often. I've been pleasantly surprised by them.

Nice work, they look so cute.

Sihan said...

you kid me not?! these look and sound even more fantastic.. perhaps I'll give this a go soon! haha.

The Food Librarian said...

What a cute Christmas tree! The cookies look great. Homemade grape jelly - sounds fantastic!

Anonymous said...

I bet the frosting made them perfect.

TourGuide Jenn said...

That dough was pretty sticky, but the results were very yummy. Of the last three batches this was by far my favorite (saved the best for last?).

I'm with everyone else - loved the tree in the photo. ;-)

Peggy said...

how cute is that cookie tree? I bet they were good with frosting. I really liked these because they were soft! :)

Teanna DiMicco said...

Wow your cookies look absolutely gorgeous! And the frosting sounds fantastic!!!

Shari said...

I agree with your daughters that these need the extra sugar from the frosting! Love the pic of them under the tree!

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Aren't those just the cutest all nestled around that tree? We ended up loving these cookies also - a keeper recipe. Enjoyed your grandma's cookie cutters below also!
Nancy