Fun Fun Cupcakes!!! Thank you so much Clara of I Heart Food4Thought for choosing this weeks recipe. Be sure to check out her cupcakes and the recipe!
I do like these cupcakes and will probably do my spider webs on sugar cookies next!
I have never decorated cupcakes to this extent,ever. My past cupcake decorating has been a few sprinkles thrown on. I was really excited after I googled spider web cupcakes and found out how EASY it is.
I found this great little pre packaged frosting with the tip all ready attached to the bag at, Wally's world. I grabbed it along with.... Yes I think I cheated....a jar of frosting. I have to admit after reading the not so thrilling remarks about the cupcakes and glaze , I didn't want to mess with it.
Soooo I made my cupcakes following the directions and adding 1/4 cup of applesauce and leaving out the 2 ounces of bittersweet chocolate. I also slapped some of that marshmallow creme right smack in the center of the batter and added some more on top. I thought they came out great. The marshmallow seeped out a little on the tops...but I covered that up with the yummy frosting!
I do like these cupcakes and will probably do my spider webs on sugar cookies next!
35 comments:
Great job! I'm lol when I read your decorating in the past consisted of sprinkles because that is exactly what I did! :)
I love those spider webs! Congrats on your award also.
Love your spider web cupcakes, how fun! I skipped the glaze on these as well, maybe I'll try it at some point, but I wanted these to be kid friendly and was afraid that glaze wouldn't be.
hey, i love the web action on the cupcakes!! I did....sprinkles. (Yawn)
I love how you decorated your cupcakes.
Great job!
The applesauce was a great idea and I am so jealous of your spider web decorations. i tried to do that, but failed at it. I loved these little cakes though.
sooo cute on the decorations!!! i went non-halloween but i am loving seeing everyone's choices this week for decor.
Wow -- awesome spider webs! Now, why can't I think of things like that! That's why I need blogs like yours, to provide the inspiration. Your modifications to the cupcakes sound great, too!
I love the spider webs on top! So festive and fun!
How fun that you do some spiderwebs! See you can totally decorate. I bet they will be adorable on cookies too. Thanks for baking with me this week!
Clara @ iheartfood4thought
Sprinkles are my decorating friend! But it looks like spiderwebs are yours now!! Great job, and I'll bet that filling was yummy. And the TWD on there is just so cute.
Nancy
Back again! Oh good, I'm glad you saw it! I didn't want to be an annoying blog stalker: "Michelle, I gave you an award. HEY, MICHELLE, it's me again, did you hear me tell you that I gave you an award! Hi, Michelle, how 'bout that award I gave you?" But I did want to make sure you saw it, in case you skipped over it! I think your blog is great!
Well, you learned something new and that's what this is all about! Good for you!
Ah! That is the best idea with the "spider webs". I love marshmallow cream and I bet it made the cupcakes an even bigger sweet treat.
Congrats on your first foray into cupcake decorating - it's all downhill from here :)
How great are those spiderwebs! For some reason, I could never get them down! Congrats on the award!
My son stopped crying when he saw these. Thanks for the help and for such sweet looking cuppies.
Great spider webs! And I bet the marshmallow filling was really yummy. Sounds fantastic!
So cute! Love the spider webs. They look amazing!
Great spiderwebs - it's hard to believe this is the first time you've decorated cupcakes this much!
cute decorations and no worries re: the time difference :0) I think we are about 17 hours ahead of Eastern Sea Board time
they look great! wonderful job w the decoration. i stuck with the sprinkles! ;)
Oh, I love those cupcake designs...you did a great job with those! I also loved reading your little list of 7s...very nice answers...can I be friends with you? You sound like someone I would love knowing! Very fun to read all those...thanks for sharing.
www.grandmaskitchentable.typepad.com
Cute cakes. They look yummy!!! Love the 7 times 7 thing!
Congrats on your blog award! Your cupcakes look totally wicked. I like the spider webs. Nice job, Flour Child! You get a gold star!
I've seen the spiderwebs on cookies before, but didn't think about it for the cupcakes. Really cute idea. Congrats to you on the awards!
Those are so cute and I bet the marshmallow was delicious in the middle. I will have to try that next time!
Love the cobwebs! Very creative.
this is your first decorating experience. i don't believe it for a second!
The filling sounds like a great idea. My girls love all things marshmallow. And great job on the spider webs.
love your spider web decorations!
Those look great and I love the decorations- too cute! Conrats on your well deserved award!
Yum these look tasty and festive!
Your spiderwebs came out so wonderfully! I've never decorated my cupcakes with anything other than sprinkles before either!
So cute! They look delicious!
Post a Comment