Search This Blog

Friday, October 24, 2008

My Favorite Pumpkin Bread Recipe

I love this time of year. The leaves are changing there is a crispness in the air and it's the perfect time to bake. I make this pumpkin bread every fall up to 5 to 6 times. It always comes out perfect and it tastes wonderful. My kids love those quick and easy breakfast treats, they can just grab and go. This is one of their favorites!
Pumpkin Bread
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
3 cups of sugar
3 eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp ground cloves
1 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1 can(16 ounces) solid-pack pumpkin
In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs; mix well. Combine dry ingredients; stir into creamed mixture just until moistened. Stir in pumpkin. Pour into two greased 9-in. x 5- in. x 3- in. loaf pans. Bake at 350* for 1 hour or until bread tests done.
Yield: 2 loaves
This bread is wonderful warm with butter and a cup of something hot!

6 comments:

Shelby said...

Great minds think alike :)

Debbie said...

Can you repost this recipe? You didn't say how many eggs. I'd really like to try it tomorrow.

Debbie said...

Thanks a lot. I'm going to try to make this tomorrow. I'll post pictures on my blog when I do.

Sihan said...

i think i will try this. only if i have extra pumpkin of course! thanks gurl for the wonderful recipe!

Amanda said...

I think I'm going to try this today. Thanks for posting the recipe.

Nancy/n.o.e said...

I'm going to have to check this one out! I love it when a recipe calls for an even can of pumpkin.

I've got a cool blog award that I'm passing on to you. Stop by my blog to claim it!

Nancy