
This week's recipe
TWD was chosen by Mari of
Mevrouw Cupcake. You can find the recipe on her blog.
I'm a little sad I missed making the creme brulee this week. I don't own a torch and I really didn't want to go the broiler route. I was thrilled we had the choice to rewind to a recipe from the past. I have been drooling over these Snickery Squares ever since I got my cookbook.

I have to laugh at myself over the dulce de lech. The only thing I could think about was the liquid you pour in your coffee. I knew I made a big mistake when I got it and the recipe said spread it....not pour it! I did go ahead and use the liquid coffee flavored dulce de lech. I poured about 1/4 cup over the crust and continued on with the chocolate peanut topping. I froze it for three hours and it turned out very good.
My favorite part of this dish is the peanuts coated in the sugar. They do remind me of the Cracker Jack peanuts!
26 comments:
rewind!!! lurve that you chose the snickery squares. haven;t done tt as well coz its too rich for me. Glad tt you enjoyed it anyway.. i'm still working on my Japanese roasted green tea version of the creme brulee. Hope it works out fine!
What a great rewind choice. I've got to try those out!
Great recipe recovery job - they look delicious!
What a great sounding recipe to rewind too! You made a slight alteration in the ingredient list and it worked. . .Yay!
This was one of the very first recipes I made for TWD, and boy were they rich! Glad you took part whatever recipe you chose!
Now *that* is resourceful! Good job!
These were fabulous, and yes - my favorite part was the peanuts too. Too good.
Oh, what a fabulous rewind choice! I have my eye on these and can't wait to make them! I am laughing out loud about your "dulce de leche" moment. I wouldn't even know where to go to get the stuff that the recipe has in mind. These look amazing!
those snickery squares are the next thing i'll make when we get a rewind opportunity. or maybe before. :) Yours look great!
Gotta love rewinds, your choice was an excellent one. It is on my list to try and now I really have to!
Those snickery squares really look gorgeous! I really have to make them!
I got the ramekins at TJ Maxx!
Weren't those peanuts so good!? I liked the snickery squares but I loved those darn peanuts! haha. You're so cute about the dulce de leche coffee creamer! Glad it still worked!
Clara @ iheartfood4thought
There are so many recipes that I have not tried, and this is just one of them! I too have drooled over the snickery squares! Thanks for reminding me that I want to make them! They look so good.
Oh you poor thing, that is too funny about the dulce de leche. You'll have a great baking story for years to come.
I got mine from the Mexican foods section of our market and man do I love it. Whether you have a recipe for it or not, go pick some up. It's wonderful!
Lisa
yeah! snickery squares! I need to make these sometime too!
yum! i've been eyeing these too...nice improvisation with the ingredients at hand:)
Oh, I haven't even seen those in the book, but now I'm totally craving them!
I know what you mean. I've really been wanting to make those too. Yours look awesome!
nice rewind ! I tryed the summer galette and it was great as well ! I'll have to try the snickery squares though ! ciao
Great job with your rewind recipe! Too cute about your dulce de leche creamer :) I'm glad they still turned out, they look delicious! I was just looking at those snickery squares and wanting to make them. Apparently you can make your own dulce de leche with a can of sweetened condensed milk in the slow cooker.
This has been on my rewind "to do" list forever. Yours look delish, and now I'm inspired to make them this weekend. Great job!
that's funny that you bought the wrong stuff - try it w/real dulce de leche next time! :)
Glad you did a rewind! These look fantastic!
I loved the sugar coated peanuts. I had to stop myself from eating them. :P
I joined TWD too late to make this one too but I'm dying to make it! soon...
Post a Comment