Search This Blog

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Christmas in NYC and Philadelphia

I know it's a little early to be thinking about Christmas but not when you have a family of five and you want to fly back east. My husband is from New Jersey and his entire family is still back around DC, Jersey and NYC.
I just got our plane tickets yesterday and I am getting really excited to go! I want to go to NYC and see all the Christmas lites and to Philly to eat a REAL Philly cheese steak sandwich. The kids are looking fwd to seeing their numerous cousins, aunts, uncles and their Grandma.

6 comments:

Shelby said...

Its so exciting to plan trips like that! I'm hoping to go to my brother's home in Indianapolis over my Christmas break!

Shandy said...

How fun! NYC Christmas lights are amazing! We are thinking about being in Chicago for Christmas with Larry's family. I've never been.

The blackberry sundaes were delicious but Ashley doesn't like sweet desserts unless it is her favorite chocolate cake with milk chocolate frosting, her chocolate Texas brownies, or chocolate (sometimes vanilla) ice cream with Hershey syrup. No other goodies, period. Once in a blue moon she will eat some Skittles or a doughnut with a little chocolate frosting. . .uhm, maybe you see a pattern here? So, no. She comes out of her room, sighs, asks why I can't bake something normal. . .ie. one of her favorite 3 things, and goes back into her room in disgust. Fun. =)

Maria said...

Good for you! Sounds like a fun way to spend the holiday!
We are going to IL, where I am from...we need to book some tickets! Thanks for the reminder. I will start looking!!

La Bella Cooks said...

That will be a perfect way to spend the holidays. I love the pictures you posted.

The Wiegel family said...

Have fun Michelle.
Enjoy NYCity and take in a show if you can :) My sister says they are the best. We are staying in beautiful Colorado. Thanksgiving we are headed the Floriday Keys! Sunny days. lol Tona

Unknown said...

oh i'm so jealous! ugh... i want to go for my b-day so bad, in just a few weeks, but none of my siblings or friends want to come! What! that doesn't even make any sense. so i bought my tix to go to DC at the end of the month. girl, have fun for me up there during Christmas!

and thanks so much for the prayers!