Search This Blog

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Peach Crisp


What a perfect Fall day for a yummy fruit crisp. I have made this crisp several time with apples. My neighbor was nice to share some peaches from her peach tree. I decided they would go perfect in this crisp recipe!
Today was started out by watching my daughters soccer game from the Yukon. It rained the entire day..no not rained it POURED! Those girls are so amazing and won their game! Kryshawna is a freshmen this year and has been invited to play up to varsity the last two games!! After the game it was time for some football. Our local college team, Idaho State Univ. went against the Montana State Bobcats. It was a GREAT game, but we lost by about 12 points :(. I do love going to the Mini dome. It's fun to see old friends from the high school days!
Soooo after a long day of sports I thought nothing would be better than to settling down to a nice peach crisp with vanilla ice cream.

Peach crisp 1 cup all-purpose flour 3/4 cup rolled oats 1 cup packed brown sugar 1 tsp ground cinnamon 1/2 cup butter, softened 4 cups chopped peaches or what ever fruit you like 1 cup white sugar 2 tbsp cornstarch 1 cup water 1 tsp vanilla Vanilla ice cream, optional
Directions: In a mixing bowl, combine first four ingredients. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press half into a greased 2-1/2-qt. baking dish or a 9-in. square baking pan. Cover with fruit. In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, water and vanilla; cook and stir until thick and clear. Pour over fruit, Sprinkle with remaining crumb mixture. Bake at 350* for 1 hour. Serve warm, with ice cream if desired.

3 comments:

Shelby said...

I really love the smell of a fresh peach. I bet your home smelled lovely!

Shandy said...

Fresh peaches for the peach crisp and vanilla ice cream dribbling over the sides after the dessert has come out of the oven sounds soooo good! I love crisps! =D

Cathy said...

Oh, this looks just perfect! I guess peach season will be coming to an end soon, so I had better hop to it!