Search This Blog

Monday, August 4, 2008

Recipe Party Crockpot Cheesy Mexican Soup

Yummy Easy Crockpot Day!
4 chicken breasts halves 1 garlic clove, minced 2 tbsp margarine 2 14- 1/2 oz. cans chicken broth 2 14-1/2 oz. cans chopped stewed tomatoes 1 cup salsa 1/2 cup chopped cilantro 1 tbsp ground cumin 8 oz. Monterey Jack cheese, cubed sour cream tortilla chips
Directions Cook, debone and shred chicken Add minced garlic to margarine in slow cooker, saute. Combine all ingredients except cheese, sour cream and chips. Cover. Cook on low 8 to 10 hours Divide cubed cheese among 6 individual soup bowls. Ladle soup over cheese Sprinkle with chips and top each bowl with a dollop of sour cream

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow, this looks yummy, thanks for posting it!

For anyone else interested, my 'recipe party' is here: http://musingsofaservantprincess.blogspot.com/2008/08/recipe-party.html

Thanks for the tip on the galettes, I look forward to trying them next time I use up some peaches :D

The Wiegel family said...

OOH Girl I love, love cilantro and I have it growing in my garden. I did a chicken crock meal yesterday too. With football practice upon us and games soon I have to get them fed early. Its hard to let them play but Ben LOVEs the game.