Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Black and white banana loaf

Beautiful Bread! Thank you Ashlee of A year in the kitchen for picking out this weeks TWD recipe. I decided to make this bread early because I was craving a good banana bread. The last banana bread I made had Reece's Peanut Butter cups in it. I wish I would have added it to this recipe. There is nothing better than Peanut Butter and Chocolate. This loaf was super easy to make. However I do believe it had way to much chocolate, I know how could you have to much chocolate! I could not taste the banana because of the over powering taste of the rich unsweetened chocolate. If I make this again I would not use so much. I believe the ingredients need to balance eachother better. I'm glad I tried this recipe but I sure hated all the dishes I had to clean up!

20 comments:

Sihan said...

overload of dishes to wash! why does that sound familiar? hmph.. anyway, great job on the loaf. It looks like a great work on art!

Andrea at Nummy Kitchen said...

Peanut butter cups in banana bread sound like an amazing combination, I will have to try that. I was thinking peanut butter would have been a great addition to this recipe as well. Your loaf looks beautiful, sorry it wasn't a favorite for you. I completely agree with all the dishes, I don't think I've ever dirtied up so many making banana bread before, oh-well.

Nancy/n.o.e said...

Peanut butter and banana make a great combination - we used to have bananas split with pb inside when we were little.

Your loaf is so pretty!

Nancy
The Dogs Eat the Crumbs

Prudy said...

Your loaf looks great even if it wasn't your fave. Oh, the dishes! The curse of the TWDers is the sinkful of dishes! I did put PB in my loaf and we loved it.

Pamela said...

Beautiful bread is right! You obviously know what you're doing when it comes to marbling! And PB cups in banana bread...WOW!

CB said...

Um yeah... doing dishes is the worst part of baking. Your picture is giving me nightmares of my own sink! haha. Great job on your loaf!
Clara @ iheartfood4thought

Marie Rayner said...

Great job on your banana loaf! I think peanut butter and banana are the ultimate combination!

Eleganza Strings/ The DeLadurantey Family said...

Peanut Butter Cups! You are so good! That sounds really awesome!

Nickki said...

I'm with you on all the dishes to wash up! Peanut butter cups in banana bread? Yes please! I must try that.

Melissa said...

I LOVE peanut butter with banana and chocolate. That would have been a perfect addition. Your loaf looks great!

Rebecca of "Ezra Pound Cake" said...

Look at the top of that bread! SLURP.

Jessie said...

Nice looking loaf!

PS Love your blog name.

Engineer Baker said...

Maybe try using semisweet next time? That might keep it from overpowering - unsweetened has a real kick!

Julie said...

Your loaf looks PERFECT!!!! It's like the silicone coated display model at the bakery!!! The dishes did suck!

Shandy said...

This recipe sure did make a LOT of dishes didn't it? Funny, because most of Dorie's recipes involve a whole wardrobe of dishes. I wonder if she has a hired dish washer? Michelle, your swirls look so pretty and the loaf of chocolate swirled banana bread looks so good that I can almost smell the aroma over the monitor!

If anyone is like a chef, I would have to say that would be you. You are always tweaking a recipe of yours to get everything exactly how you like it. I am always so impressed. =D

Natalie said...

So many dishes, yeah... Looks fantastic! :)

Jayne said...

I really love the swirls in the top of your loaf, in that first picture - gorgeous! And yeah, a LOT of dishes. Can't wait til my kids are tall enough to reach the sink...you want banana bread? Wash these! :)

Teanna DiMicco said...

Reeses Peanut butter cups!? Oh Wow I have to make that! It sounds amazing! Beautiful loaf!

Cynthia said...

The dishes - overwhelming.

Summertime said...

The picture of the top of your loaf is incredible. Great job on the marbling! Reese's cups with banana? YUM!