Samuel the football star!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!
Samuel is fifth from the left...blue jersey!
Deep down inside I did not want my boy to play football. It's my job to protect my children and this sport makes me feel out of control. As I dressed him up for his practice with his pads and helmet I remembered that first day I held him in my arms. I started to tear up and got a big lump in my throat. I thought what happened to my baby. He's 10 years old, 103 pounds and playing football. How did we get to this point? I know we as mother's have to let go and we have to trust that God will protect them, but it's so hard. Practice went well, he said his helemet felt tight but coach said you have to get used to it. His coach also said he is the strongest and fastest boy on the team. I don't care, I just want him to be safe.
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!
Football, Football, Football
What a funny word!
Football Football Football
Isn't it absurd!
Football Football Football
Everyone follows the herd
Football Football Football
Or else they'd be disturbed
My boy is playing the game now , he's looking so grown.
God protect him, he is one of your own.
You gave him to me 10 years ago, I've watched him be born and now I'm watching him grow.
My one desire , is he follows you. God please protect him and by the way Thank you.

3 comments:
What a beautiful post. Good luck to your son on his first football season :)
Aaahhh! Michelle, that is so sweet and you will make it, I promise. Your little baby is playing football and Dad is most likely VERY proud. Mom may need another hobby to sidetrack her so that she (michelle) will make it through the season in one piece. . .without an eye twitch =). Hugs
Some children are born to compete in a team sport. Ben loves it and when we asekd him what he wanted to play he chose: Basketball in the winter, baseball in the summer and swimming PLUS football in the fall. Sports keeps them focused on goals. We have Nov/Dec off! Add in Graci and well life is busy, busy!! This too shall pass. He will be safe.
Post a Comment