Search This Blog

Friday, July 11, 2008

Cinnamon Sugar Scones

Yum Butter melting on scones! Scone dough My Breakfast!
I'm still loving those scones. I was talking to a friend of mine and she said there are these scones that have cinnamon chips in them and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar. Now doesn't that sound good. I could not wait another day to bake them. This morning, after my 5:45 spin class ,I came home and made up a recipe for these scones. I was so pleased with the turn out.
Ready to Bake
My Cinnamon Chip story is short but good! I could not find the chips anywhere. So my friend Shandy sent me some all the way from Seattle. I was thrilled to say the least. She is such a thougthful friend. Before that I was in Lake Tahoe, for vacation, and found them at Grocery Outlet. I stocked up on quite a few bags. So now I have a freezer full of Cinnamon Chips. But that is quite all right. I have these scones, cookies and a bundt cake to make that all have the chips in them!
Thanks again Shandy!

4 comments:

Shandy said...

You found them too! How funny. From none to being able to stock your own store. The scones look delicious. I am going to have to give the recipe a try =D.

Katie said...

Scones are one of my favorite things! Yours look great.

Love your blog! (What an awesome name, Flourchild!)

Katie said...

Are Oregon beaches chilly? My sister & I are really interested in the NW coast - she really wants to move to Washington.

Ellen and Tom said...

I have never seen cinnamon chips before but I love the sound of them. Maybe they're one of those regional items not available everywhere?? Will have to try to track them down for a batch of scones.