Search This Blog

Friday, November 2, 2012

Two great Makeovers!

Thank you Pinterest for yet another fun idea. I have been keeping a folder of pictures and ideas I want to do in my own house. So far I have...Covered all oat in living room area with a darker stain, http://homebakedsweetness.blogspot.com/2012/07/brave-enough-to-cover-that-oakfinally.html Painted two oak dressers and night stands http://homebakedsweetness.blogspot.com/2012/09/beautiful-aganthus-green-dresser.html,  Spray painted all my brass knobs into a beautiful Espresso brown http://homebakedsweetness.blogspot.com/2012/10/brass-to-bronze.html
 And here is the my latest projects!

Before shot...
Before shot...
After....

 You can't really see the bead board..but that's what it is..bead board wall covering. Only 19.99 from Lowe's.  I primed with a special primer for wall covering( it's like glue) then cut,wet and put it on. It's so easy and looks like real wood bead board! I spray painted the Stools an Espresso Brown using  Hammered Rustoleum !
I love the way everything turned out!

4 comments:

Every Day Blessings said...

looks wonderful. Did you use bead board or bead board wall paper?Doing a great Job, looks fresh and clean and great with your granite!

Home Chic Club said...

Great job Michelle!! Love this!! :))

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

I looks amazing! Love the bead board! Looks so crisp. Thank you for sharing. Would love it if you would share this at my Make it Pretty Monday party at The Dedicated House. http://thededicatedhouse.blogspot.com/2012/11/make-it-pretty-monday-week-22.html Hope to see you at the bash! Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Lisa said...

The island looks great. I did the same thing a while back. I love how it looks with your granite. Here is the link if you want to check out mine :) http://wvcountryroads.blogspot.com/2012/06/kitchen-island-redo.html

I'm a new follower by the way :)

Lisa