I just ate at Kneaders for the first time and tired their french toast. I found the recipe online and decided to try making it myself. It's very simple to make and tastes just like the real deal!
I purchased the kneaders Cinnamon bread while I was there. You could use Cinnamon Swirl bread without the raisins or make your own.
Recipe or Kneaders Chunky Cinnamon French Toast
1 loaf of chunky Cinnamon bread cut in 8 slices
8 eggs
3 cups milk
1 TBSP brown sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1 TBSP vanilla
2 TBSP butter
Butter a 9 x 13 glass baking dish generously. Mix all ingredients, saving the butter for later. Dip each slice of bread in batter and place bread flat in the baking dish. ( I had to use a small glass pan for the 2 ends of the bread) Pour remaining batter over bread. Cut butter into pieces and dot over the top. Refrigerate over night or at least one hour before baking.. Bake 45 to 50 min. at 350*. Serves 8
Kneaders Caramel Syrup
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup creme (heavy whipping cream)
1 cup light Karo syrup.
Blend together and heat on stove top until sugar is smooth. Serve warm.
Soaking in the refrigerator.....
Out of the oven...
So delicious........
My son loves the caramel sauce!
I purchased the kneaders Cinnamon bread while I was there. You could use Cinnamon Swirl bread without the raisins or make your own.
Recipe or Kneaders Chunky Cinnamon French Toast
1 loaf of chunky Cinnamon bread cut in 8 slices
8 eggs
3 cups milk
1 TBSP brown sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1 TBSP vanilla
2 TBSP butter
Butter a 9 x 13 glass baking dish generously. Mix all ingredients, saving the butter for later. Dip each slice of bread in batter and place bread flat in the baking dish. ( I had to use a small glass pan for the 2 ends of the bread) Pour remaining batter over bread. Cut butter into pieces and dot over the top. Refrigerate over night or at least one hour before baking.. Bake 45 to 50 min. at 350*. Serves 8
Kneaders Caramel Syrup
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup creme (heavy whipping cream)
1 cup light Karo syrup.
Blend together and heat on stove top until sugar is smooth. Serve warm.
Soaking in the refrigerator.....
Out of the oven...
So delicious........
My son loves the caramel sauce!
5 comments:
That looks so good!
Oh my that looks delicious! I adore cinnamon bread and that caramel sauce, oh wow!
Oh my gosh Michelle! That looks really good!!
My mouth is watering just looking at the pictures. Wow!
I have heard their french toast is so good, but I haven't ever tried it! Your version looks yummy!
Post a Comment