I have made this several times for my family and the love it. I have a recipe with a homemade crust that is delicious, but it does take some time to put together. I love this recipe because the crust is premade and easy for a quick homemade dinner!
Recipe from Trisha Yearwoods Home Cooking cookbook
2 13.8 ounce cans premade pizza crust dough
4 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp minced garlic
2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1 bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into strips
1 red onion, sliced vertically
3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, grilled and diced
6 sliced Bacon, cooked until crisp and crumbled
Directions:
Preheat the oven to 350*
Roll the pizza dough out and fit onto two 15-inch pizza pans. Drizzle 1 tbsp of olive oil and 1 tsp of garlic on each pizza crust, followed by 1/2 cup each of the mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup of the Cheddar cheese. Scatter half of the bell pepper, sliced onion, chicken and bacon on top of the cheeses. Sprinkle another 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/2 cup Cheddar cheese over each pizza and drizzle each pizza with 1 tbsp more of olive oil. Bake the pizzas for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the crusts are lightly browned.. Slice each pizza into 8 pieces.
Pizza doesn't have to be round! I make this pizza dough into a rectangle and cut it into squares to serve.
2 comments:
Thia is one superb looking pizza - I wuld definitely love to have this for dinner.
Ooh, that looks good!
Post a Comment